Global VP Anifrolumab & Immunology
The BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU) creates and executes meaningful therapeutic area and product strategies that are focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to changing the course of medicine and bringing innovative therapies to enhance the quality of life for our patients. The BBU integrates commercial, market access, medical, digital, and corporate functions to drive scientific development and commercial excellence in the core areas of respiratory, cardiovascular, renal and diabetes disease.
The opportunity is to Join AZ as the Global Commercial Vice President responsible for launching, leading, shaping and delivering the Immunology Franchise across AZ (ex. USA).
The role is based in either Wilmington DE or Gaithersburg, MD and reports to Senior Vice President who leads the Respiratory TA globally at AstraZeneca.
As Global VP Anifrolumab & Immunology you will be accountable for:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible Strategy including LCM, pricing, medical and commercial strategy to achieve Anifolumab patient and business
- Long range plan, brand strategic plan, Quarterly Business Review performance review and coordinate the external communication with Finance and Investor Relations.
- Defining and implementing pre-launch and launch activities for Anifrolumab to drive and deliver global launch performance across markets.
- Leading the Global Brand Team to include a thorough and well-coordinated input into product strategy and ensure close integration and flawless execution
- Continue to drive patient centricity and innovation through all aspects of product strategy
- Appropriately manage governance interactions and alignment with the executive board, regional and functional teams include a thorough and well-coordinated input
- Build a best in class organization to become a respected leader in pharmaceutical industry while cultivating an inclusive high-performance environment that values and leverages diversity
- Lead Therapy Area Vision and Strategy for Immunology across Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology: Market / Competitor / Portfolio Prioritization
- Lead identification of immunology BD targets / leading commercial input and evaluation of assets
- Engage with science teams (early, late) to provide commercial strategy and input to immunology assets / LCM opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree is required with science expertise as preferred
- Proven success in a global leadership role
- Strong knowledge in Biologics; Immunology therapeutic area.
- Launch experience and success
- Proven strong influencing skills and stakeholder management
- Experienced and comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Understanding of and adaptable to working variances of different countries and different cultures
- Successful experience of remote team management
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills, demonstrating flexibility and a proven ability to deal with complexity under time pressure.
- Experience and effectiveness in the presentation of written and verbal business cases to the most senior Management.
- Numerate and having financial literacy
- Experience to create a positive relationship with third parties as an AZ Ambassador at Board and Executive Committee level.
- Tenacity and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrates structured and measured leadership, interactions and decision-making during periods of high intensity in external or internal deliberations.
- A flexible, team orientated attitude, willing to contribute own skills to deliver AZ priority projects
- Second degree, e.g. MBA. PhD
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.