Global Talent Acquisition Lead - Oncology Commercial
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Our Center of Excellence for Talent Acquisition helps to deliver AstraZeneca’s ambitious business strategy through recruiting internal and external talent to meet the needs and demands of the business. We now seek a hardworking Talent Acquisition Leader to join us to deliver an extraordinary talent acquisition service globally, aligned to the Oncology Commercial SET area.
The Oncology Commercial group creates and executes meaningful therapeutic area and product strategies that are focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to changing the course of medicine and bringing innovative therapies to improve the quality of life for our patients.
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. As the Global Talent Acquisition Lead, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Reporting to the VP, Talent Acquisition, this role sits on the Global Talent Acquisition Leadership team who are responsible for shaping our enterprise wide strategy for attracting the best talent in the world.
- Managing a global team of Talent Acquisition Partners – direct line management of Talent Acquisition Partners in UK & US hubs with dotted line/matrix management of Talent Acquisition Partners in Sweden hub and any aligned to the Commercial area in local countries
- Developing and executing proactive Global Talent Acquisition strategies including translating the workforce plan into a recruitment demand forecast (1-3 year time horizon) in alignment with the HRBP’s, to meet the current needs of the business area and to build a bench of qualified candidates to meet future anticipated business needs
- Excellent collaboration and partnership with the North America Hub Lead, HR Business Partners, other Centers of Expertise (COEs) and HR Operation and Solutions globally to implement best-in-class programs and processes that align with business requirements
- Building a global network and active Talent Acquisition community across the SET area
- Building key relationships across the business area and operating credibly across the functional leadership team.
- Contributing to enterprise wide Talent Acquisition strategies
- Adding to the design of the Global Center of Expertise standards, frameworks and tools and responsible for driving global implementation across the SET area
- Participating in North America specific projects or topics to support the North America Hub Lead
- Leading one or more global projects to drive efficiency, consistency, quality and innovation across the Global Talent Acquisition team
- Assessing data quality, best practice and standards across the global SET teams in order to ensure accurate and substantial reporting and data analysis
- Developing and implementing the functional Employer Branding plan including social media strategy and events and conference strategy, globally
- Ensuring prioritized validated external pipelines are in place by partnering with Talent Scouts for business critical roles
- Taking personal responsibility for the end-to-end talent acquisition of business critical, Executive hires (VP level and above)
- Providing subject matter expertise on what type of solution is best for business need e.g. permanent hire, contractor/temporary/freelancer/outsource provider
- Exploring & developing new and innovative executive talent acquisition channels based on market insight aligned to specific functional needs
- 10+ years’ experience within Talent Acquisition at all levels and across several locations/geographies
- 3+ years’ experience gained in a recruitment role within Pharma, Biotech, Medical or Life Sciences or a similar/comparable industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive experience of creating and driving a Business area Talent Acquisition strategy
- Detailed knowledge of employer branding, recruitment marketing & social media strategies
- Extensive experience in executive recruitment & excellent knowledge/experience of executive compensation practices
- Experience in managing executive search partners
- Networking, gravitas and relationship building capabilities to manage senior stakeholder relationships
- Solid understanding of cross border employment, immigration, tax and social security principles
- Highly Collaborative, excellent persuasion & influencing skills
- Extensive experience in Project Management
- Confidence with managing reporting, KPI’s and analysis
- Experience in preparing business cases and in managing a budget
- Leadership & Team management experience
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Scientific degree
- Experience managing the full life cycle of a talent acquisition function in a medium/large national/global company
- Extensive knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive understanding of Oncology landscape
- Experience in leading and motivating a team of Talent Acquisition Partners based in multiple global locations
- Capability of building global networks/communities
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility crafts life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 specialists in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most ground breaking technology and lab spaces, all designed to encourage collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration between teams.
Join AstraZeneca and help us deliver life changing medicines. Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the leaders in biopharmaceuticals.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.