Global Medical Affairs Leader - Heamatology
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the (Sr. )Global Medical Affairs Leader role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
About Medical Affairs, Oncology
In Medical Affairs, we change the practice of medicine and improve the patient experience by generating and communicating compelling medical evidence. We translate the wealth of medical and scientific expertise to ensure the data we produce helps physicians to better treat patients at every point in
Valued partners across the enterprise, we rely on working together and sharing knowledge to combine science and strategy in a way that advances our pipeline and progresses our journey to redefine cancer treatment.
A high-performing team within a global, growing organization – our culture is one of openness and transparency, fused with ambition and drive. A supportive and trusting place to grow your career, each of us is empowered to take a tailored approach to our development, driving the pace and direction.
Come and be part of a talented, cross-functional team working together to improve lives and make the biggest possible impact for patients, science and society.
Job Description- GMAL acalabrutinib
The GMAL/(Sr. GMAL) acalabrutinib will provide medical leadership for the acalabrutinib GMT (Global Medical Team), lead the medical strategy and execution of key deliverables to support the acalabrutinib launch and lifecycle management globally. This GMAL role will report initially to the VP, Global Medicine Leader acalabrutinib, and may subsequently report to the VP, Head of Clinical Development.
The core accountabilities of this role are to
- Provide a coordinated approach to building Astra Zeneca’s medical leadership in hematology, and deliver medical insight into the development and execution of an acalabrutinib medical affairs strategy
- Represent GMA on the acalabrutinib Global Project Team (GPT) and Global Business Team (GBT)
- Oversee and support the development and execution of an integrated medical plan (evidence generation and scientific communications), including global external experts, diagnostics and patient centric activities
- Lead development and execution of global External Sponsored Research (ESR) and Early Access Program (EAP) strategies, and align with AstraZeneca Global Medical Affairs and Marketing Countries on local implementation
- Partner closely with colleagues within AstraZeneca, in the Marketing Countries, Development, early research, Regulatory, Commercial, Access, Health Outcomes and other key functions, and help build alignment on key initiatives including optimal approach to data generation, communication and supporting access
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the scientific and clinical understanding of the brand with other members of the Medical Affairs teams (Acerta and AZ)
- Advanced scientific degree (M.D or PhD). with Hematology experience (required)
- Medical Affairs experience (2+ yr) is required, preferably with country launch experience. At least 4+ years total or pharmaceutical or relevant medical/clinical experience minimum
- Understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research /payor access issues.
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data.
- Track record of successfully developing and executing Medical Plans both in terms of evidence generation, scientific communications and external expert engagements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and products simultaneously to ensure timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks.
- The candidate is expected to have strong project management skills and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams including development, marketing, and health outcomes.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
#oncology #theplacetOBU #astrazenecacareers
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.