Global HR Business Partner, Operations Quality
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Our mission is ambitious, and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s HR function is on a transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in HR operations and business partnering. As this strategy continues to drive the effectiveness and performance of the business, to the benefit of millions of patients worldwide, best in class HR support and leadership becomes ever more important.
As the Global HR Business Partner – Operations Quality you will be a key member of the team reporting to the HR VP Global Operations and IT. You will provide end to end Human Resources support to the Operations Quality organization.
You will have full responsibility for driving the people strategy/agenda and partnering with the SVP, Operations Quality and respective leadership team.
The location for the role is Gaithersburg, MD.
You will understand and translate the Operations Quality business strategy into people plans, you will apply your strong business acumen, data-driven insights and HR expertise to be a real strategic partner to the business.
You will be responsible for implementing the people plan with a focus on:
- Strategic support for business change and organisational shaping
- Strategic Workforce planning
- Talent Acquisition and onboarding
- Talent management and succession planning
- Leadership coaching and team effectiveness
- Culture and employee engagement
You will collaborate with other HRBPs, the HR CoEs and HR Services to deliver HR solutions to the business.
You will bring to the role strong business acumen in terms of how to optimize Operations Quality, what the business strategies are, and how financial and commercial acumen are critical considerations that shape HR and people plans. In the role you will build on that acumen to develop knowledge of how Operations Quality enables the success of the business.
People data and interpreting analytics are essential in providing insights and solutions to drive decision making. You will be comfortable driving and challenging the business leaders where you can add a differing view point/consideration. A command of financial budgeting, unit P&Ls and general numeracy is key.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working globally
- Technical HR knowledge / skills associated one or more of the following disciplines – Strategic Workforce Planning / Resourcing, Performance & Reward, ER, L&D, OD, organisational effectiveness and change.
- Strong project management skills and able to demonstrate experience of managing complex HR projects through a complete project life-cycle
- Significant strategic HR Business Partnering experience, including managing complex business change
- Self-starter with a drive to make things happen at pace
- Strong emotional intelligence, listening, influencing and coaching skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong stakeholder and influencing skills
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.