Global Channel Excellence Lead
As one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, our business is focused on providing innovative, effective medicines that make a real difference in important areas of healthcare. At AstraZeneca, innovation is about more than just research. We aim to stimulate continued creativity throughout our organization by maintaining a culture in which our people feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and contribution to our success - ideas which can make a difference in all aspects of our business. And we support and encourage our people in discovering their own potential, through excellent learning and development opportunities that are available to them throughout their careers.
The Channel Excellence Leader, Paid Media is the lead and change agent for evolving AZ brands and agencies to a new standard of data-driven, holistic patient & HCP digital audience strategy focused on business impact. This role will be responsible for developing and refining the digital benchmarks, configuration guidance and best practices to help brands achieve their goals. This role will provide strategic guidance & oversight on digital audience strategy across paid media & paid search including defining ideal campaign setup, buying strategy and cadence of optimization cycles leveraging new & existing data sets. The Channel Excellence Leader, Paid Media is a paid media buying & paid search expert that works closely with the brand, creative agency and paid media agency to properly configure digital capabilities to advance the media buying approach of several AstraZeneca brands.
The Channel Excellence Leader, Paid Media will work closely with the Insights & Analytics, Advanced Analytics and Digital Analytics & Measurement teams to continue to evolve patient & HCP reporting to help evolve existing reporting and partner to prototype new reports that are actionable, integrate with sales force data and/or provide value to leadership & key stakeholders in terms of business impact. This role will also work closely with internal omnichannel implementation teams, privacy & compliance to institutionalize and scale use case from successful pilots to benefit other brands.
The role is responsible for identifying, operationalizing, evolving, and maintaining a comprehensive set of class-leading digital capabilities and processes in support of Brand strategies within the context of the broader commercial operations governance structure. A successful individual in this role will embrace a test and learn mindset such as evaluating vetting and piloting third party vendors, platforms and technology to help AstraZeneca provide better digital experiences within paid media & paid search to help advance portfolio based approaches.
Finally, the role has accountability for delivery against the shared goals and objectives across GCDI, Customer Experience & Innovation Group, IT, Global Content Planning, Promotion & Approval and Brand teams, driving customer satisfaction and business outcomes.
- Subject Matter Expert for digital media buying and paid search
- Consult with brands to ensure media buying, paid search and marketing platforms are configured towards KPIs aligned with internal stakeholder needs and business goals
- Collaborate with GCDI Digital Analytics & Measurement team to establish & scale measurement frameworks to help brand teams prove success
- Ensure paid digital media/search benchmarks & industry standards remain contemporary
- Identify emerging platforms & capabilities that can be scaled to benefit multiple brands
- Develop solutions to automate and streamline existing processes
- Inform continuous service/capability improvements regional and global teams
- Maintain an external focus to stay abreast of current channel trends and emerging opportunities to ensure AZ is continually innovating to maintain a competitive edge
- Ensure adherence to all AstraZeneca and Commercial Operations standards and policies
- Combination of 6+ years of experience in pharmaceutical sales, marketing, healthcare-related fields, digital marketing, technology capability, and/or information services
- Experience with digital paid media campaigns for pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience with DCM, Google Ads, SA360 or similar ad/campaign management platforms
- Familiarity with digital media tagging & naming conventions / tag management solutions
- Experience managing a team of at least 1 person
- Hands-on experience reporting to clients/leadership on digital measurement for paid display/search programs tied to brand goals, KPIs and/or ROI
- Proven track record of developing, articulating a strategy & executing marketing programs
- Experience developing or adhering to marketing operations standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ experience managing & optimizing digital media campaigns / biddable media
- Pharmaceutical marketing/advertising/measurement experience
- Experience with Tealium Audience Stream or other CDP
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and/or BI tools such as MicroStrategy/Tableau/ Power BI
- Experience with Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics or other attribution solutions
- Familiarity with APIs, Data Feeds & data transfer between platforms & data warehouses
- Experience with programmatic media buying platforms, identity resolution capabilities to increase advertising efficiency and effectiveness
- Thorough understanding of AZ business model
- Proven track record to lead through change
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.