Global Associate Marketing Director - Respiratory Biologic Product
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
As Brand Director for a novel respiratory biologic product, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. This new product is a first-in-class monoclonal antibody develop in late stage trials for severe asthma and multiple other major indications.
In anticipation of our global launch, we are looking for an experienced commercial leader to help build and execute the global asthma launch strategy, lead pre-launch planning, and develop a compelling long-term brand vision for a dynamic product in our respiratory portfolio. You will work collaboratively with the cross-functional commercial and project teams, as well as with regional commercial leaders and our collaboration partner to prepare for a global launch.
In this role, you will contribute to the global launch by leading critical launch deliverables and contributing to development of marketing strategies to ensure success. To succeed you will demonstrate your ability to think strategically, communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership capabilities, problem solve, influence without authority and collaborate in both scientific and commercial contexts. We are seeking a candidate with real leadership potential who is looking to enhance existing skills and develop higher-level capabilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive launch readiness planning as a member of the core commercial and joint commercial teams, engaging with the local marketing teams to ensure a flawless and aligned execution of the promotional plan
- Lead key commercial deliverables including development and launch of commercial digital strategy including non-personal promotion and website development
- Drive device strategy including device naming, key branding elements and market specific launch, education and access strategies
- Provide promotional input to the global strategy / BSP
- Provide strong leadership to key teams and regions with respect to launch readiness planning and reviews
- Manage critical elements of marketing operations including planning for critical meetings (such as face-to-face joint commercial team) and team financial oversight
- Develop strong alliances with Clinical, Medical Affairs, Business Insights, Pricing and Market Access, Communications and Publications, providing input to cross-functional planning and programs
- Create sustainable, long-term relationships with global Key External Experts in line with brand team objectives
- Demonstrate leadership and agility as role will evolve/grow as the team expands and in line with the candidate’s professional development plan
- Education: BA/BS is required. An advanced degree (MBA or PhD) is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in pharmaceutical marketing and related roles with demonstrated results in new product launches. Biologics and/or respiratory experience, as well as in-country marketing and sales experience are preferred.
- Strong strategic thinking, decision making, and problem solving
- Leadership skills, including ability to influence without authority and collaboration
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Proven teamwork ability, routinely facilitating the exchange of ideas
- Demonstrated ability to bring ideas to action
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.