Global Administrative Team Lead, Late Development Oncology
Global Administrative Team Lead, Late Development Oncology
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging Team Lead role where you can develop your leadership skills and work with scientific leaders? We have a fantastic opportunity to lead a team of Administrators that support our leaders and their projects in Late Development Oncology (LDO) and the Chief Medical Office (CMO). Whilst simultaneously providing exceptional executive support to a Leadership Team Member.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
As a high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society, and our company.
Here you will experience a fast paced and agile environment as we continue to support the business on a journey of evolution and growth, driven by new, exciting technology and digital innovations. It’s challenging and sometimes demanding, and that’s why we love it.
Gaithersburg is one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities. This site includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center, game rooms, community garden and much more to keep our employees happy and balanced! This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of Oncology in the U.S.
What you’ll do
No two days will be the same in this fast-paced and dynamic role in which you must find the balance between your administrative responsibilities and be accountable for your team their activities and development.
You will have multiple and constantly evolving priorities requiring you to use your initiative and resourcefulness to actively resolve issues and challenges. To thrive in this position, you will be a positive ‘people person’, with the ability to form excellent working relationships across the business!
The role is based in Gaithersburg, MD and sits in our LDO/CMO Business Planning and Operations team (BPO).
Activities related to Executivesupport
- Comprehensive administrative support for Leadership Team (LT) member including travel, expenses, and meeting preparation.
- Extensive diary management, responds positively and acts crucially to any conflicts by actively seeking alternatives.
- Triage of mailbox to ensure effective use of LT member’s time, monitor, and follow up on actions promptly.
- Draft communications on behalf of the LT member ensuring tone and message are aligned with VPs voice.
- Organizing events, catering, taking minutes and actions
Activities related to Administrative Team Lead
- Work closely with UK Team lead and contribute to the LDO/BPO centralized administrative forecast model that anticipates future needs and ensures our operating model and resource allocation is responsive to the evolving needs of the business.
- Engage with collaborators to understand their business needs ensuring the right resource is deployed. Rebalance the administrator's workloads and priorities as needed.
- Serve as an ambassador by identifying and training on IT systems that support productivity and contribute to our collaborators.
- Support the BPO by identifying, delivering continuous improvements to simplify ways of working and improve productivity across the department, including communication and training.
- Understand HR processes - establish SMART goals, performance management, coach and mentor, close skills gaps, manage full recruitment and onboarding process for both US and Canada teams.
HIGHLIGHT THE SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES NEEDED
Essential for the role
- 7 plus years’ experience in providing full EA/administrative support to senior leaders
- HS Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in leading teams, coaching, training, recruiting and onboarding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think strategically, prioritize workload, plan, manage resources and multi-task
- Good time management and attention to detail working to the highest standards of accuracy and presentation
- Advanced and extensive knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Can demonstrate effective implementation and maintenance of business improvement systems
- Works independently is adaptable, flexible, has a positive attitude, and is a leader.
Desirable for the role
- Advanced level PowerPoint with the ability to design and create high-quality presentations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a global environment.
- Experience in internal engagement activities
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering innovative methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
At AstraZeneca, we challenge the norm, and that means we expect our people to as well. In order to develop life-changing medicines, we approach problems in a different way – agile, forward-thinking, and focused on what our people need to make ground-breaking discoveries.
So, what’s next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Inclusion & Diversity: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/inclusion-diversity
Career Site: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.