Finance Director, Market Access Finance Oncology Business Unit US
Description: Lead all aspects of finance business partnering services to US Oncology Market Access Team. Responsible for strategizing and developing customer contracts for all customer segments (e.g. Commercial, Medicare Part D & Medicaid), and oversee the overall GtN process for Oncology Brands
- Develop conceptual financial framework for deal structuring, create financial models of possible contract scenarios detailing cost/benefit analysis including considerations such as competitor response to AstraZeneca's offerings, Medicaid best price impact, and the effects the contract may have on other contracts.
- Develop databases and provide key customer, competitor, and market segment analysis providing interpretive commentary.
- Identify and develop sales tools enabling Account and Contract Directors to negotiate with customers.
- Analyze customer contract performance and identify potential issues where actual performance is not meeting expectations.
- Identify potential customer audits and assist with substantiating support documentation.
- Lead the monthly close process and rebate reserve analysis for the Brand/Franchise, including analysis of customer rebate payments vs. accruals and development of sales projections & application of judgment to ascertain the correct liability needed to reflect AstraZeneca’s financial performance.
- Brand dependent, incumbent may have full responsibility for accounting, forecast and related financial analysis for affordability programs and all other gross to net adjustments.
- Maintain Managed Care Accounting System (Model N/Anaplan) integrity and display deep knowledge of complex systems environment and the indedependencies of these systems with SAP.
- Closely collaborate with Brand/Franchise to develop rebate and discount forecasts for all RBUs/ABUs and LRPs, manage the accuracy of rebate accrual percentages used in mySAP, and ensure rebate expense is correctly stated on the Company's income statement.
- Understand and reconcile market place dynamics with changes to AstraZeneca's rebate expense.
- Lead impact and scenario analysis of all WAC price increases
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 10 years related work experience in accounting, finance, or business analysis.
- Possess a solid understanding of the internal and external sources of Managed Markets sales related data.
- In depth knowledge of EXCEL and working knowledge of other MS Office applications.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and draw conclusions from less than certain data.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical thinking – ability to collate & analyse data and identify key drivers
- Strategic thinking and influencing – provides independent challenge
- Focus on delivery – works well under pressure, meets tight deadlines
- Attention to detail – clear, accurate and consistent outputs both financial and verbal
- Flexibility - to respond to fast changing business needs on short notice
- Presentation and communication skills - to be able to present both impactful and easily understandable financial data and associated recommendations to a financial and non-financial audience
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and financial modelling skills
- Finance Business Partnering skills – ability to engage with non-finance professionals and distil complex financial viewpoints to promote understanding
- Ability to interact and engage with senior leaders
- Experience of working in a global organization, preferably within the pharmaceuticals industry, and knowledge of the drug development life cycle and commercial aspects of the industry
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and liaising with senior managers leaders
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including oral & written
- Good understanding of functional cost drivers
- Use of/exposure to general office and financial systems, e.g. SAP, Business Intelligence software
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.