Finance Controller, US Oncology
We have an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about Finance & business strategy. As a senior leader within the US Oncology Business Unit, as the US Oncology Finance Controller, you will operate as a strategic, commercial, operational and financial partner to the Heads of Access Strategy, Medical, Insights and Analytics, US Precision Medicine & Nurse Education, Oncology Training and Development, contributing fully to business decisions with high quality commercial and financial advice and analysis. You will provide finance leadership in overall US oncology financial planning, analysis and performance management, and financial controls. Your passion and experience in the following areas will be key:
- Driving an ambitious and profitable growth and agenda, you will be a role model for enterprise thinking, enabling cross-functional trade-off decisions and optimal resource allocation to drive the business strategy
- Proactivity in all processes and activities related to planning, reporting and communications with the CFO OBU US will allow you to lead the finance agenda and ensure a culture of strong financial governance, control and compliance
- Building and implement financial strategies to support the growth and productivity objectives along with driving efficiency and cost discipline through the business, operating as a spokesperson for the broader ‘lean’ disciplines being driven through AstraZeneca.
- Integrated financial priorities across the franchises/functions in concert with global teams– to drive synergies, efficiency and partnership
- Monitoring the internal control environments, ensuring ethical practices are followed, supporting the CFO OBU US in maintaining good Corporate Governance and working with Group Internal Audit and External Auditors, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 10+ years related work experience in accounting, finance, or business analysis.
- In depth knowledge of EXCEL and working knowledge of other MS Office applications.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and draw conclusions from less than certain data.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical thinking – ability to collate & analyze data and identify key drivers
- Strategic thinking and influencing – provides independent challenge
- Focus on delivery – works well under pressure, meets tight deadlines
- Attention to detail – clear, accurate and consistent outputs both financial and verbal
- Flexibility - to respond to fast changing business needs on short notice
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
- Presentation and communication skills - to be able to present both impactful and easily understandable financial data and associated recommendations to a financial and non-financial audience
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and financial modelling skills
- Finance Business Partnering skills – ability to engage with non-finance professionals and distil complex financial viewpoints to promote understanding
- Ability to interact and engage with senior leaders
- Experience of working in a global organization, preferably within the pharmaceuticals industry, and knowledge of the drug development life cycle and commercial aspects of the industry
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and liaising with senior managers leaders
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including oral & written
- Good understanding of functional cost drivers
- Use of/exposure to general office and financial systems, e.g. SAP, Business Intelligence software