Evidence Delivery Associate Director
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As an Evidence Delivery Associate Director in Oncology, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing practice and patients’ lives.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
We are particularly interested in candidates who can lead globalAZ-sponsored studies, both observational and interventional, in order to deliver Real World Evidence in Oncology.
The EDAD is responsible for delivering their assigned studies to time, cost and quality in a fully outsourced delivery model.
- Provide input into study designs to ensure operational feasibility
- Develop delivery options to optimize likelihood of delivering to time, cost, quality
- Drive risk assessments and implement study-specific mitigation plans
- Coordinate study-specific RFPs and bid defenses to drive choice of CRO partner
- Lead internal and external cross-functional teams to deliver studies to agreed timelines, within the approved budget, and to AstraZeneca quality standards
- Ensure appropriate tracking, reporting, escalation and resolution of study risks and issues
- Ongoing budget management, including contracting, invoicing, and change order management
- Ongoing vendor management, ensuring each supplier delivers per contract and associated KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in medical or biological science or equivalent by experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the Clinical Study Process, international ICH/GCP guidelines
- At least 5 years experience project managing multi-national, multi-centre studies
- At least 2 years experience in the Oncology therapy area preferred
- Managed studies in the Phase III/Phase IV environment, with experience in Real World Evidence studies.
- Broad knowledge around drug development generally and study delivery specifically
- Excellent communication skills
- Project Management qualification or demonstration of project management skills including scope, budget, timeline, resource management and use of associated tools.
- Financial management
- Collaboration/stakeholder management
- Ability to organize and prioritize for themselves and team
- Ability to lead core and extended cross-functional teams to deliver shared goals
- Ability to identify, develop and champion more efficient and effective ways of working
- Vendor management; holding partners accountable for their contracted deliverables
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.