ETS - IT Best Practice & Adoption Manager - Gaithersburg, MD
ETS - IT Best Practice & Adoption Manager
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) function provides IT Services for the entire AZ organization. The function is truly global in scale with team members across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
The IT Service and Experience function includes the Service Experience Team: Accountable for ensuring the ‘effective delivery’ of ETS services and processes to our global customers. The team includes AskIT Brand, IT Events, Communication of change, culture and adoption, training and best practice, and management of the IT Direct and Remote customers contact channels. A Best Practice & Adoption Manager is responsible for ensuring that all our staff and collaborators are using tools, services and processes effectively, sharing best practice methods and supporting business productivity, including adoption of global tools rather than local ones to create standards and maximize our return on investment.
A Best Practice & Adoption Manager will ensure effective levels of awareness, competence and adoption for our ETS Tools, Services & processes across the business by working closely with BTG and Business Stakeholders to assess need and plan uplift in relevant areas. A Best Practice & Adoption Manager will also play a key role in supporting deployment of new tools, services or processes to enable increased business understanding and adoption supporting IT Service & Process Leads. The role will work alongside Business Technology Groups (BTGs) and Site IT Teams to bring new demand and proposals to ETS Service Managers for areas of unmet need supporting quality business cases and recommendations for improvement or innovation.
- Reports to the Social, Communications and Engagement Lead.
- Work with the ETS Service Improvement Manager to use SIP plans and roadmaps for visibility of new and changed services and processes.
- Work with IT Service Management community, mainly across IT Service & Experience, Workplace & Enterprise Services, and IGNITE groups to have a detailed understanding of roadmap activities to support business engagement, communication and deployment projects.
- Work with the ETS IT Training Team to agree and document the functionally aligned quarterly account plans for delivery.
- Drive effective use of our tools, services & processes assuring the business is productive and using the right tools for the right activity based on best practice, including proactively identifying opportunities to improve anywhere, anytime and on any device approach.
- Work with Site IT Managers or IT Regional Technical Leads to provide appropriate information, to ensure escalations with ETS services relative to usability, performance or service support are managed effectively.
- Work with new demand as well as influence correct selection process or AZ investment of appropriate collaboration tools in liaison with Service Manager and Site IT where global tools will not suffice.
- Work closely with Site IT Managers or IT Regional Technical Leads on functionally aligned sites to ensure relevant roadmap and SIP activities are understood and regularly communicated.
- Ensure best practice elements and relevant communications approach is part of a quarterly agreed account plan for functions that is created and reviewed regularly.
- Map and socialize key stakeholders and business leaders across GS&E organization, joined up approach across the business.
- Responsible for the provision of best practice use cases or examples to share with customers, including consultancy sessions with customers to put solutions into practice.
- Work with IT Training Managers to deliver a robust training program to support adoption/decision making.
- Responsible for monthly management reporting/dashboards to give insights on progress against objectives, costs of use or areas of focus for adoption/reduction.
- Create, own and manage key user communities for specific technologies to use as a vehicle for communication, awareness as well as take feedback to play into SIP opportunities, including ownership of Community Networks online / social platform, driving membership and active engagement.
- Manage communications through the ETS Communications process, ensuring that service change or colleague impact is effectively communicated, enabling robust service adoption and acceptance.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Essentialcapabilities and skills:
- Strong experience of leading change within a customer facing environment.
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and relationship building skills to a senior level with proven escalation management capability.
- Experience of Service Management and ITIL Foundation Level trained.
- Strong experience of presentation, effective communication and facilitation skills.
- Technical awareness across the collaboration and social tools and latest industry trends.
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills around technology choices and deployment activities.
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a willingness to take the initiative and be helpful.
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Financial acumen with ability to support creation of business cases through to sign-off.
Desiredcapabilities and skills:
- AZ Business acumen with knowledge of bio or pharma environment or key areas of SET functions and business processes.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, fluent English including other native language.
- Experience of running improvement programmes at a national or regional level
Relevant expertise of at least three of:
- Project Management
- Business Relationship Management
- IT Service Management
- IT Service Delivery Management
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.