Early Assets & Business Development Global Insights & Forecasting Leader - Respiratory & Immunology
At AstraZeneca, we're not afraid to do things differently. We're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're establishing new ways to work, with ground-breaking and pioneering methods, and bringing unexpected teams together.
Global Insights & Business Excellence (GIBEX) is a strategic function, critical for enabling success in the growth of the Biopharma Business Unit (BBU) business. Our ambition is to build an industry-leading organization, empowering our Commercial teams through the generation of compelling evidence and insights, while ensuring they have the tools and skills to deliver impactful launches that change the practice of medicine for the benefit of patients. Within GIBEX, the Insights, Analytics, and Forecasting (IA&F) function is organized across two teams and supports both the US and Global organizations: Respiratory & Immunology IA&F, and CVRM (Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolic) IA&F.
The Global Insights, Analytics & Forecasting team serves as a strategic business partner to the Global Commercial Biopharma Business Unit, providing market insights that drive launch and in-line brand performance, global strategy and key commercial investment decisions.
Together we strive to uncover deep customer insights to drive improved decision-making and business impact. We are looking for leaders who have the passion to drive business results and bring innovation to what we do for greater impact.
In the role of Early Assets & Business Development Global Insights & Forecasting Leader – Respiratory & Immunology, you will serve as a strategic business partner to Early Asset Commercial and the Global Product Team, providing market insights that drive key business investment decisions and TA Strategy development. The role is accountable for providing leadership and strategic direction to deliver competitive advantages through the application of end-to-end insights, analytics, and forecasts across Global markets to support AstraZeneca’s industry-leading R&I pipeline, Our mission as a team is to accelerate business impact through insights and capability transformation. To achieve this, the Global Insights & Forecasting team is tasked with delivering excellence in market research, customer and competitor insights, analytics, and forecasting.
In addition to strong analytical and forecasting skills, the Global Insight & Forecasting Lead should have excellent communication skills with a demonstrated track record of effective business partnership as demonstrated by material business impact and influencing. This position may be required to manage contractors and vendors to complete projects, but will have no direct reports. The candidate will also be required to continuously evaluate new quantitative analytics methods, technologies, and datasets.
This role works closely with Therapy Area Commercial, CI, Finance, Commercial Excellence, Medical, Market Access and Pricing, and other senior business partners throughout the organisation.
- Serve as functional subject matter expert in established market and disease areas of interest to the Global Commercial team.
- Summarize and present findings through various communication channels; be able to “tell the story” to senior commercial and clinical stakeholders
- Construct patient-based forecast models in Excel that leverage credibly bold and ambitious data inputs synthesized from a variety of primary and secondary sources, and benchmarked against internal and external analogs
- Champion the use of local customer insights in strategic and operational decisions across the business
- Identify and prioritize enhancements and new analytics capabilities. Can lead the development, deployment, and embedding of such capabilities across the organization.
- Instill and reinforce a culture of continuous improvement, learning, testing, and deployment of new capabilities for the business
- Access and evaluate appropriate information via a variety of internal and external tools and sources
- Monitor the external environment to stay up to date on leading analytics and forecasting capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Masters degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Healthcare analytics or secondary data analysis and forecasting
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience leading qualitative and quantitative primary market research
- Strong revenue forecasting experience applying epidemiology-based methodologies
- Familiarity with medical claims (open or closed) or electronic health record databases, IQVIA Rx and sales data, and other syndicated data.
- Proficiency in extracting and interpreting insights from large longitudinal data sources, such as Claims, EMR and other patient level data sets.
- Experience with MS Office products - Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Advanced modelling skills using Visual Basic, Power BI, SQL+ R or Python are desirable.
Additional Success Factors:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, combined with strong leadership and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with senior business leaders and cross-functional business partners
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to engage, build and maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership teams.
- Ability to manage a diverse range of simultaneous projects, timelines, and priorities with both internal partners and external vendors.
- Capability in applying and deploying deep technical skills and knowledge (e.g., modelling capabilities, Immunology disease insights, or data expertise) across IA&F functional area
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering innovative methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Location: Gaithersburg MD US
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Employee Benefits!
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Inclusion & Diversity: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/inclusion-diversity
Career Site: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.