Director of Marketing, Lung Cancer, EGFR
Marketing Director, Lung Cancer/EGFR
Introduction to the role:
Our US Commercial Oncology organization represents the 'face' of AstraZeneca’s oncology organization to our many healthcare clients in the US. AstraZeneca has a deep-rooted heritage in Oncology and offers a quickly growing portfolio of new medicines that have the potential to transform patients’ lives and the Company’s future. By harnessing the power of four scientific platforms - Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Drivers and Resistance, DNA Damage Response, and Antibody Drug Conjugates - and by championing the development of personalized combinations, AstraZeneca has the vision to redefine cancer treatment and one day eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
The Marketing Director, Lung Cancer/ EGFR will be responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing plans to support lung cancer in-line business and new launches, including omnichannel strategy (HCP & Consumer). This position will also provide valuable strategic and performance input to internal collaborators.
This role reports directly to the US Head of Marketing, Lung Cancer/ EGFR, and will work in close partnership with other members of the cross-functional brand team. This full-time position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus. The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and balanced. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, a full-service cafeteria, and an innovative on-campus Daycare facility. This is where you’ll find newly designed, activity-based workspaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration between teams. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of the Oncology Business Unit in the US.
- Serve as lead in key projects to an agile cross-functional team to develop/launch innovative marketing campaigns that will inspire behavioral changes across healthcare providers, patients, and caregivers and drive brand growth
- Develop end-to-end patient/caregiver strategy
- Partner with Customer Facing teams to understand local market dynamics and develop solutions to meet local needs
- Participate in the annual operational planning process by crafting the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated objectives.
- Develop a strong customer/ KOL network growing our external presence in the market
- Set appropriate marketing mix of investments/channels, defining value metrics, timelines, and customer targets. Monitors and supports brand performance
- Run partner agency relationships, workflow, and related expense budgets
Minimum Skills Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- 8+ years of validated experience in the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry
- 4+ years of experience in pharma marketing.
- Prior in-line HCP marketing experience.
- Proven ability to lead a team of cross-functional and technical members to achieve outcomes.
- Oncology or specialty care experience.
- Experience across multiple promotional channels (Personal, Non-Personal and Digital, Patient marketing)
- Current people management experience.
- Understanding of the U.S. Oncology landscape including Community oncology and Hospital oncology dynamics, GPOs, Payer landscape, and Specialty Pharmacy stakeholders.
- In-depth Marketing experience (developing brand strategy, performing positioning, messaging, segmentation, targeting, managing ad agency, providing direction on annual budget planning)
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
As Commercial Leadership within Oncology, our ability to effectively and creatively market our products and lead our business has a meaningful impact. It powers our business to lead the way for the industry and to impact more lives. Making a difference to those living with cancer. Working across our broad and innovative pipeline, we fuse our business mindset and scientific knowledge to bring transformative medicines and novel treatments to those who need it the most. True team players, we're a place of trust, excellence, and opportunity. Where everyone is encouraged to add challenge and excitement to the everyday. Here we try new things, take calculated risks, and work as one to go further, and faster.
Ready to make your mark in Oncology? Apply now!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.