Director Brand Strategy and Marketing - Breast Cancer TROP2
Be part of fulfilling our ambition to be world leaders in Oncology. We are already the fastest-growing team within AstraZeneca and across the industry, and there are countless new indications and targets in our game-changing pipeline. We deliver this value through launch excellence, commercial effectiveness, and maximizing the lifecycle. By leveraging our commercialized portfolio we are confident we can change the practice of medicine and redefine cancer treatment.
As Director, Brand Strategy and Marketing – Breast Cancer TROP2, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. We represent many of the most well-recognized and respected products in the industry and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing a broad pipeline of next-generation medicines to market. We are focused principally on tumor types that are targeted through four key platforms. In this role, you will focus on the breast cancer treatment landscape as we get closer to bringing more innovative treatments to these patients. As Director, Brand Strategy and Marketing you will support the pre-launch and launch efforts for a TROP2-targeted antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) in development across lung cancer, breast cancer, and other solid tumors.
The Director, of Brand Strategy Marketing, will be responsible for the integrated strategy and implementation of marketing plans for breast cancer indications across treatment paradigms. This position will have responsibility for both developments of the strategy as well as its implementation across key elements of the brand strategic plan.
This position will work in close partnership with other members of the cross-functional team and our partner Daiichi Sankyo. In the initial phase of pre-launch planning, this position will conduct joint work on behalf of both the US and global indication teams.
This position reports to the US marketing lead for our Lung Cancer Franchise team and is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for our US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit. This is a hybrid/ONSITE role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Define and facilitate development of the brand’s pre and post-launch promotional plan and programs and ensure their consistency with brand strategy.
- Partner with Business Insights and Market Research Team to define success metrics and analyze performance of market shaping and future marketing programs on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with other functional areas and lead the review process to ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials.
- Help lead pre-launch planning and annual operational planning by shaping the strategic and tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated objectives.
- Develop and communicate field promotional strategy and assets and monitor field performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPI) (post-launch)
- Design and execute all activities related to commercial channel readiness for launch.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen skills, as role is responsible for managing multiple program budgets, timelines, processes, and procedures.
- Manage partner agency relationships, workflow, and related expense budgets.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years’ experience in progressive pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: market access, brand marketing, sales, pricing, market research/analytics, or strategic planning
- Prior in-line HCP marketing experience required
- Experience across multiple promotional channels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex concepts
- Ability to manage multifaceted projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team with direct people management experience
- Previous experience working in collaboration/alliance with two companies
- Demonstrated previous successful experiences with launches and new assets introductions to key markets
- Previous work experience in pharma/healthcare role focused in Oncology or Specialty care;
- Previous experience in sales positions within pharmaceutical industry
- Documented success working in Personal, Non-Personal and Digital, Patient Marketing
- Applicable working knowledge of global pharmaceutical products and brand markets
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. You are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference in medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. Work at the cutting edge, where scientific innovations and an entrepreneurial spirit are the norms.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Find out more on Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.