Digital Health Architecture Lead
Digital Health Architecture Lead – Gaithersburg, MD
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about IT and Digital Health and wants to help shape the future direction of Digital Health capabilities and guide how technology can enable AstraZeneca to scale patient centric clinical trials, augment patient outcomes and transform healthcare. As a senior leader within the R&D IT Architecture group, you will take responsibility for shaping and driving the technology strategy and target architectures on macro and platform level within the Digital Health domain and you will provide leadership of the architects deployed into this area.
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do. Our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease. Our IT delivery into the R&D functions is at the heart of making this possible.
Do you have a real passion for strategic positioning and the value of Architecture? Do you have a background in Pharma, HealthTech or HealthCare? Or perhaps a combination? Can you demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to clearly articulate strategic messages in a compelling and exciting way? Then this role is for you as these qualities will be the foundation of success!
We want to bring someone into AZ who will be a catalyst for change across the Digital Health domain, someone that wants to work and partner with the business and other IT stakeholders. Your experience in the following areas will be key:
• Communicating difficult and ambitious ideas in an engaging way
• Leading the design of compelling Digital Health/Clinical related solutions and articulating them to a wide audience
• Advocating and positioning technology/solutions/partners through strong value articulation
• Owning the creation of roadmaps, interim states and messaging that will inspire our business partners and guide our IT deliveries
• Participate in technology/vendor scouting and performing market assessment to inform strategic design decisions.
• Partnering with senior leadership and enterprise partners to gain consensus and be inspirational
• Building an inclusive environment and collaborating with a diverse team to get the best outcomes
You will bring together Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects, Information Architects and Engineers who will contribute to the crafting of forward-thinking applications and solutions. The role will require a level of international travel.
Key skills and experience?
• You will have a proven background of leading and driving architecture at various levels
• You should have experience of working in Late-Stage pharmaceutical development and Clinical Trails, Healthcare, or Health Tech.
• You will need great interpersonal skills and a collaborative, enthusiastic approach to strategy and delivery
• Your style will demonstrate flexibility, understanding the balance between driving an optimal architecture against the need to deliver value to the business
• You can show a background in forward-thinking leadership skills in order to engage, motivate and drive high performance from your team
• Exposure to and demonstrable adoption of industry standards and methodologies
We think the following experience is desirable:
• A strong network in the Health Tech industry
• Previous consultancy experience
• Broad knowledge and experience of the Digital Health related technology industry and solutions
• Broad knowledge of cloud native architectures and major cloud vendor services
• An understanding of data, information, integration, AI and ML architectures and processes
• Working with Architecture in an Agile environment
• Experience of being a member of one or more recognized standards councils or working groups
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience of 10-12 years in IT technical role.
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimize and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximizing efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.