Diagnostic Computer Vision Leader
Our entire business is transforming at pace. We’re on a journey to become a data-led enterprise from IT through to R&D. We’ve come so far, but in many ways we’re just getting started…
There’s no better place, or time, to join. We’re investing like never before in our people, in growth, and in new techniques and technologies. There are opportunities at every turn, with a variety and breadth that is unusual to find.
Scientists at AstraZeneca are working every day to turn science fiction into science fact. Our dream - to develop innovative, targeted medicines for every patient that needs them - and to match those treatments to patients most likely to benefit from them – is now becoming a reality. This approach, known as Precision Medicine, is based on those individual characteristics that make some patients respond to treatment better than others. We use this knowledge to develop diagnostic tests that doctors can use to help prescribe the best treatment for each patient. Indeed, it’s now become common practice for patients with cancer to be offered such diagnostic tests before their treatment plan is agreed.
The Diagnostic Science group within Precision Medicine transforms data and innovative technologies into future diagnostic options to match patients’ needs.
We are seeking a Diagnostic Computer Vision Director to join the group.
In this role you will lead all aspects of the development and implementation of machine learning to develop innovative quantitative imaging approaches for improving prognosis, diagnosis and prediction of treatment response across therapeutic areas (Oncology, Respiratory, Cardiovascular) and imaging modalities (digital pathology, CT and PET). You will be leading projects from prototyping through delivering clinical trial ready solutions. To achieve this, you will scout technologies and work in a highly multidisciplinary environment with diagnostic experts, clinicians, statisticians and IT professionals. This is an opportunity to transform data and innovative technologies into future diagnostic options to match patients´ needs.
Typical Accountabilities, what you will be doing:
- Lead the diagnostic computer vision capability build within Precision Medicine
- Coordinate diagnostic computer vision approaches within AstraZeneca
- Develop a medical computer vision strategy to support the AstraZeneca Precision Medicine pipeline
- Establish a network of industry and academic collaborations to ensure access to latest diagnostic computer vision technologies
- Oversee and lead the development of diagnostic computer vision approaches (such as digital pathology, radiomics etc.) that can be implemented in AstraZeneca clinical trials
- Lead benchmarking of computer vision algorithms to build an industry leading diagnostic computer vision pipeline
- lead the build of an end-to-end radiomics/digital pathology workflow (incl. segmentation, feature extraction and modelling) to standardize image pre-processing and effectively analyse imaging data and enable integration with omics and clinical data
- Ensure Scientific Excellence of the diagnostic computer vision activities at AstraZeneca
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- PhD degree in Machine Learning, Biomedical Image Analysis, Computer Vision or similar.
- Experience in applying deep learning to analyse pathology, CT or PET images evidenced by publications.
- Excellent publication record in the field of Computer Vision
- Successful development of imaging solutions in a clinical environment
- Experience deploying applications in the cloud.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards in clinical research.
- Experience in setting up/leading a computer vision group in the medical environment
Location: Cambridge, UK or New York City or Gaithersburg, US or Gothenburg or Stockholm, Sweden
Closing Date: 15th March 2020
Next steps, if you feel you are suitable please apply!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.