Data Scientist, AI
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together!
Join the team unlocking the power of what science can do. We are working towards treating, preventing, modifying and even curing some of the world’s most complex diseases. Here we have the potential to grow our pipeline and positively impact the lives of billions of patients around the world.
Data Scientists in the R&I AI Team work directly with our stakeholders (including Biometrics and clinical teams in Early and Late R&I) to deliver R&I’s strategic priorities. This will include data analysis, predictive modelling, visualization and contributing knowledge support (for example, in clinical data or bioinformatics) to R&I AI’s machine learning engineers and scientists. R&I AI Data Scientists will have extensive experience in data analysis and modelling methods (including statistical methods and modern data science techniques) as well as broad pharmaceutical experience, preferably including clinical data analysis, PK/PD, quantitative systems pharmacology and analysis of clinical omics. In addition to their responsibility as data scientists, they will continue to engage with the external community, through papers and talks etc.
- Work with stakeholders in R&I to deliver impactful data science analyses, including visualization
- Support R&I AI ML scientists with knowledge in clinical data, omics and pharmaceutical data analysis and modelling more generally
- Continue to develop as a data scientist, through attendance at conferences, completion of courses etc
- Broader contribution to the R&I and AstraZeneca communities
- Contribution to the academic community through talks and papers.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics)
- A least 10 years’ experience in pharmaceutical data analysis and data science, preferably to include clinical data analysis, PK/PD, clinical and pre-clinical omics (including transcriptomics)
- Track record of collaborating successfully with stakeholders in pharma and delivery of impactful data science projects and analyses
- Experienced in a range of platforms and tools including SAS, R, Python
- Familiar with modern software engineering practices and the use of modern collaborative tools (e.g. GitHub, Slack, Jira, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in modern machine learning methods a bonus
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.