Data Infrastructure Project Lead/Product Owner (Graph Technology)
Data Infrastructure Project / Lead Product Owner (Graph Technology)
Location: Cambridge, UK or Gothenburg, Sweden or Gaithersburg, US
Salary: Competitive salary and company benefits apply
Would you like to be a part of a Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (DS&AI) group who has direct strategic impact on drug development, playing a key role in getting medicines to patients?
At AstraZeneca, we are constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a real passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
AstraZeneca is looking to invest in the data management and analysis platforms underlying its existing and emerging drug discovery technology, through its long-term Growth Through Innovation Strategy. Within the new Data Science and AI Group, you will be working with colleagues to build data management and analysis foundations for the future.
The DS&AI team collaborates across R&D to drive innovation through data science and AI. Together we aim to:
- Improve our understanding of disease and uncovering new targets
- Transform R&D processes
- Speed the design and delivery of new medicines for patients
The use of graph technology to derive insights from a large corpus of assertions, derived from structured and unstructured data, is one of our flagship programmes in Data Science and AI. We are seeking an individual with an understanding of graph approaches, a wide familiarity with multiple data types and a systems biology mindset.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will visibly own and drive the vision and strategy for a capability/data type/analytics framework as well as manage multiple diverse stakeholders across R&D, including senior roles, resolving conflicting requirements as required.
In this role you will also develop and communicate the program vision and roadmap to R&D and technical audiences and work closely with development and implementation teams, to ensure that the ongoing work is aligned to scientists’ requirements and provide technical translation of those requirements as needed to drive the right solutions, thus ensuring delivery of business value, including prioritising changes in line with changes in business demand, strategic priorities etc
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in programme Increment planning
- Define releases and programme increments
- Lead PoC activities as required to test approaches
- Act as a key stakeholder conduit, both in terms of understanding the scientific opportunity enabled by delivery and as a communication focal point, driving change into the organisation.
- Act as a capability lead for the resulting enduring solution, along with the platform lead and Business Relationship Manager, managing enhancements and updates, prioritising new demand and driving the realisation of value from the delivery, by promoting uptake and ensuring relevance and performance of the capability to meet scientists needs.
- Serve as Product Manager or Product owner according to Agile framework.
- Hands-on experience from Agile, preferably in a business context.
- Relevant degree in Information/Data Science, Computer Science, Informatics, IT, or other related discipline.
- Experience of pharma and the life sciences
- Experience of senior data leadership
- Track record of significant strategic data project delivery with demonstration of clear scientific and/or operational value
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Conflict resolution: succeeding in situations where a high degree of business acumen, influencing and tact are required to find a way forward
- Needs the energy, experience, and motivation to work across global & functional boundaries
- Travel – willingness and ability to travel domestically & internationally.
- Resilience – ability to overcome and motivate others in the face of a changing environment
- Experience of achieving tangible and acknowledged value in a similar position and scale of challenge and opportunity.
- Knowledge of Drug Discovery and Development practice in BioPharma
- Strong Change Management track record.
Next Steps – Apply today
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.