Commercial Data Manager (US Oncology), Senior Manager
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being bold, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new insights to life.
AstraZeneca is looking to hire a Data Manager to join our US Oncology Data Management team for the US Oncology Business Excellence organization in Commercial Operations. In this role, you will be accountable for the Data Management functions aligned to the US Oncology Portfolio of products. This role leads multiple cross-functional business relationships having a responsibility for data operations, projects, platforms and improvements with a focus on Oncology. The Data Manager will make sure that data is accurate, available, and accessible to help the Oncology business look at the larger picture in order to apply a better approach towards growth and planning. In summary, the role will be the AstraZeneca in-house go-to lead for Oncology data while optimizing the data management capabilities that drive our business, provide insights and build the opportunity to improve the patient experience.
Business Relationship Management
Aligned as part of Brand/Launch teams leading projects/work streams in preparation for the both launch and in-line brands. You will deliver impactful business solutions as a trusted problem-solver without being constrained by in-place process or precedent. Build and lead Data Management centric relationship management capabilities across functional business Leaders, Commercial IT and other matrixed Sales Force Operations/Commercial operations leads.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Oncology/Specialty data (e.g. IMS, Symphony Health, Prognos, HMS etc.)
- Per specific customers;Manage a quantified portfolio of data, data capabilities, data products
- Contribute in the identification, evaluation, interpretation, integration, aggregation and visualization of different data sources across AZ platform(s) driving key business capabilities
- Manage and discuss the roadmap and portfolio of capabilities per above bullet
Specialty Data Management
Bring a foundation of data management & business insight related to Oncology (Commercial) Data Management. Having an in depth understanding and application of Specialty Care distribution data (Specialty Distributor & Specialty Pharmacy), data aggregation and other key data sets (including APLD/claims) you will help to improve the value of AstraZeneca's Oncology portfolio (both launch and in-line products).
- Leverage hands-on experience in data management synthesizing a variety of data and actionable business insights to drive business imperatives.
- Develop and implement procedures and maintenance for effective data management strategy, policy and processes and procedures
- Regular assessment and monitoring of information and data systems that could affect insights and analytics results
- Coordinate resolution of data-related projects
- Collaborate with other teams on the appropriate subject area for Specialty Care Master Data Management (MDM) questions and best practices (not the management of MDM).
Services Delivery, Vendor Management & Commercial IT Engagement
Using your in-depth data knowledge of data warehousing to help craft operational data models that reduce data redundancy, streamline data movements, and improve access to enterprise information management. You will work closely with data architects and data analysts to implement data modeling solutions
- Design, develop, modify data infrastructure to accelerate data analytics
- Work with Commercial IT to translate business needs into long-term solution data models and data flows
- Lead all aspects of the integration of new technologies and data initiatives into standards and structures
- Coordinate activities of data management with governance body
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in a relevant field
- 4 yrs experience Data Management, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and/or Analytics
- 2 years pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience in multiple channels and/or Therapeutic Areas
- Strong business insight and good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to analyze, integrate, aggregate and optimize data management processes, tools and techniques
- Meet deadlines, identify and mitigate risks within a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities
- Ability, to translate complex problems clearly and in non-technical terms
- Collaborate, present and influence laterally and vertically
- Solid understanding of variety of secondary data sources and or primary data sources (e.g., IMS, Symphony Health, Prognos, HMS etc.)
- Therapeutic focus on Specialty Care / Oncology (including Hospital/non-retail, Specialty Distribution (Specialty Distributors & Specialty Pharmacy) and government entities
- 3+ years of Oncology Commercial Data Management and/or related experience
- Experience in Market access/managed markets a plus
- Experience across product life cycle (emerging, launch, in-line, mature)
- Experience working with and optimizing “Buy and Bill” Data
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.