Associate Director Marketing, Access Services - (Gaithersburg, MD)
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We are passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Associate Director is a member of the Access Services Strategy Leadership Team and is the leader of the Marketing and Communications function for the Access Services business. The Associate Director is accountable for development and implementation of the Access Services Marketing and Communications strategy, planning, and execution across Access Services programs and functional areas. This requires cross-functional collaboration with Brand leadership to deliver portfolio-level strategic plans that maximize customer awareness of AZ’s Access Services programs, resources, and patient support.
This position will report into the Sr. Director of Access Services Strategy and will work in close partnership with other members of Access Services team, AZ brand teams, along with cross-functional partners and with external potential Business Development partners.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for the Access Services business unit. Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create Healthcare Professional (HCP) and patient-centric Marketing resources to support multiple Specialty Care franchises, and AZ brands, especially targeted towards launch readiness.
- Assess and recommend potential Branding, Marketing and Communication opportunities that create and raise awareness around the value of Access Services. Plan and execute ongoing enhancements to Access Services digital and print resources by identifying industry publications, websites and other media.
- Mentor/coach Marketing Managers and Associates to drive performance and career growth.
- Manage Marketing and Communications budget.
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of AZ’s activities related to Patient Access Programs.
- Cultivate and own relationships with vendor partners.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of proven work experience managing Marketing and Communications function.
- Understanding of digital and print Marketing and communications planning.
- Exceptional writing skills (creative and technical) and effective communications skills to collaborate across functions with internal and external teams.
- Ability to build and lead teams and manage people development.
- MBA with experience in other Marketing and Communications function within the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry.
- Experience working with or in a Patient Access contact center.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.