Associate Director, Brand Communications, US Oncology
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together bring the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Associate Director, Oncology Brand Communications position is a critical communications role supporting US Oncology Corporate Affairs, reporting to the Head of US Oncology Corporate Affairs. This role will develop US Oncology franchise-level external and internal communications strategies and plans, including: brand public relations, media, internal communications, advocacy, corporate reputation, policy and medical communications.
The ideal candidate possesses a good blend of strategy planning, business partner engagement expertise, and strong communication skills to collaborate and engage with others, and execute against Corporate Affairs strategies in support of the business.
- Develop, lead and implement coordinated communications strategies and plans to support the goals of US Oncology Corporate Affairs, including management of partner communications and activities
- Coordinate and execute the development of internal and external programs to drive awareness around data, brand achievements, and patient programs and materials
- Work with US Corporate Affairs advocacy, policy and government affairs colleagues to support relationships with key patient groups and other business partners
- Work closely with colleagues, including external media and internal communications, to ensure integration and effective relationship building across US Oncology franchises and appropriate vertical groups
- Coordinate communication strategies and deliverables across Corporate Affairs, Oncology, to ensure plans are well-coordinated across the Corporate Affairs team, and our US Oncology marketing and sales teams
- Serve as day-to-day contact for agency partners to ensure delivery of projects and programs within budget and on schedule
- Partner with global communication colleagues (media relations, brand communications, policy and advocacy) to ensure alignment and engagement on US and Global Corporate Affairs activities
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in business, communications or public health
- Minimum of 7 years of experience demonstrating increasing levels of experience in corporate affairs, public affairs, corporate communications and issues management
- Understanding of public relations or communications in the pharmaceutical industry and across different stages of the life-cycle
- Strong writing, communications, and presentation skills
- Experience developing and executing media strategies across traditional, digital and social channels
- Ability to find opportunities and challenges and tackle them / capitalize on them
- Project management capability, with knowledge of and experience crafting and delivering programmes and projects
- Ability to navigate complex and matrixed organizations
- Amenable to after-hours work and weekend responsibilities – up to 20% travel required
- Healthcare PR agency experience and/or in-market brand communications experience
- Experience supporting Oncology products or businesses
- Experience operating in a large corporation with multiple internal and external business partners
- Budget management experience
- Understanding of marketing principles and its application within communications / Corporate Affairs
Next steps: Apply Today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.