Assoc. Director / Director Lung Cancer Marketing - NPP
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Director/Associate Director, Oncology Marketing, Lung you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing the lives of people with cancer. Our US Commercial Oncology organization represents the 'face' of AstraZeneca’s oncology organization to our many healthcare clients in the US. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals. AstraZeneca has a deep-rooted heritage in Oncology and offers a quickly-growing portfolio of new medicines that has the potential to transform patients’ lives and the Company’s future. By harnessing the power of four scientific platforms - Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Drivers and Resistance, DNA Damage Response, and Antibody Drug Conjugates - and by championing the development of personalized combinations, AstraZeneca has the vision to redefine cancer treatment and one day eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
The Director/Associate Director, Oncology Marketing, Lung Cancer is accountable for new product planning and franchise capabilities, including our expansion into early-stage lung cancer and building new capabilities in the US. Our Lung Cancer product is a key medicine in the AstraZeneca oncology portfolio; with several important early lung cancer indications in the pipeline. These indications represent a significant opportunity in a complex and competitive environment. You will be responsible for assessing market potential, identifying risks and opportunities, outlining requirements for market success and prioritization. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to develop robust market-shaping activities for launch success. You will also be required to identify new capabilities that will be essential for future success and develop a strategic plan to integrate these capabilities into the business (e.g. multi-disciplinary team optimization). You will be required to lead and collaborate effectively with key cross-functional partners and manage both internal and external stakeholders.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for our US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit.
- Assess and evaluate market potential of future launch assets in the pipeline
- Identify local market requirements that will be essential for launch success and provide feedback to global
- Accountable for engaging with the Global lung cancer team to ensure alignment, influence and share learnings across markets
- Develops, evaluates, and evolves the brand strategy for early launch assets including building out a brand strategy with key market-shaping activities to ensure competitive launch readiness
- Collaborates closely and provides direction to cross-functional groups (e.g. Insights, Access, Medical, Sales, Training, Regulatory) for the development and implementation of both strategic and operational plans
- Monitors competitive landscape and provide input into forecasting
- Develops and delivers key brand presentations on our Lung Cancer product to leadership
- Develops and actively manages new product planning commercial budget
- Leads input into business reviews
- Identifies new capabilities that will be required for launch success and build plans to integrate into the organization
- Hires and develops direct report to support competitive and compelling launch readiness
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 8+ years experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Prior in-line or equivalent HCP marketing experience
- New product planning or equivalent marketing experience
- Experience building and integrating new capabilities that are relevant for launch success
- MBA in relevant field
- Oncology or specialty care experience highly preferred
- Understanding of U.S. Oncology landscape including Community oncology and Hospital oncology dynamics, GPOs, Payer landscape, Specialty Pharmacy stakeholders
- In-depth Marketing experience (developing brand strategy, performing positioning, messaging, segmentation, targeting, managing ad agency, providing direction on annual budget planning)
- Experience across multiple promotional channels (Personal, Non-Personal and Digital, Patient marketing)
- Launch experience
- Management experience
- Experience working in commercial alliance/partnership’ environment
- Customer-facing experience
- Experience in or understanding of the lung cancer market
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.