Technician IV - Facilities-Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As aTechnician IV – Facilities in Frederick, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
- Position is to perform preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance on HVAC and Electrical and utility equipment in support of a Multi-Product Large Scale Biologics Manufacturing Facility, which operates 24/7.
- Extensive knowledge of Utility and facility equipment such as HVAC air handlers, refrigeration, cold rooms, chillers, cooling tower, pumps & drives, electrical switchgear, power distribution equipment, and emergency generators.
- Person will work on electrical equipment associated with process equipment such as Bioreactors, centrifuges, purification processing skids,, glasswashers, and autoclaves.
- Considerable experience with refrigeration systems within cold rooms, refrigerators, freezers, ultra-low freezers (-80 degc), incubators, cryogenic freezers, and HVAC systems.
- Familiar with NEC and local electrical codes.
- Capable of performing work in one or more of the following trades, HVAC/refrigeration, electrical, or plumbing.
- Detail oriented and able to complete any required (GxP) documentation in a timely manner, including logbooks and work orders.
Additional Job Functions:
- Use basic hand tools.
- Must be able to read, write and utilize drawings, mathematics, handbook formulas.
- Read mechanical schematics and piping diagrams P&ID’s
- Read electrical schematics and single line diagrams.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Candidate must possess basic computer skills
- Must have ability to communicate both orally and written in a clear manner.
- Extensive knowledge in specialized functions. A wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Minimal supervision. Work may be done without established procedures.
- Errors are very difficult to detect and would normally require significant expenditures to resolve.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing outside organizations, and/or individuals of significant importance within the company. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications, require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives of the communication.
- Good planning and project management skills are necessary. May direct and plan the work for other non-exempt employees.
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- High School diploma, technical school
- Certificate of Completion at a 2 years technical school or, High School diploma with experience plant or equipment maintenance or Military training and experience in relevant field.
- 10+ years of experience in an industrial or commercial plant or building maintenance
- Preference will be given to biotech/pharmaceutical experience.
- Preference to licensed electrician and/or HVAC/Refrigeration contracting
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.