Senior Scientist, MS&T - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
- Plans, designs, and executes multiple simultaneous projects that are complex and technically demanding within a specific area/field through significant interactions with internal Process Development staff and external experts.
- Initiates, implements, plans, directs, and executes multiple simultaneous investigations to resolve deviations, understand process trends, and/or improve process performance.
- Responsible for balancing day-to-day technical support for manufacturing and longer-term projects, investigations, and project team responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining technical expertise on an entire section of the manufacturing process (upstream, downstream, or fill/pack) and working knowledge of all other manufacturing processes.
- Will conduct multiple projects at a time.
- Develops investigation findings and makes recommendations.
- Works under general supervision of higher-level scientist or manager.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
- Effectively presents results at internal meetings and external scientific meetings.
- Utilizes forward-looking perspective to contribute to “go/no go” decisions.
- Responsible for meeting project goals within time and budget constraints.
- May make recommendations on outside technologies for company to pursue.
- Generally, indirectly or directly supervises lower-level scientists and associates
- Applies extensive expertise as a generalist, or specialist.
- Has a working knowledge of related disciplines
- Applies, on a broad base, principles, theories, and concepts to a specific field.
- Maintains high level of expertise through review of current scientific literature, submissions to scientific journals, and attendance and participation at conferences focused on the research and development efforts of the company.
- Develops solutions to complex problems requiring ingenuity and creativity.
- Applies knowledge of technical theories and principles on a broad base where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Has latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Work is monitored for technical judgment and achievement.
- Decisions or recommendations consistently result in achieving one or more key project objectives.
- Internal recognition as an emerging expert by the Medi technical community through objective criteria such as publications, patents, internal presentations, and critical contributions to drug development.
- Has demonstrated leadership through project team participation, internal consulting and mentoring.
- Frequent inter and intra-departmental collaborations.
- Establishes contacts with outside centers of excellence in field of specialization and has contacts with customers and suppliers.
- Has external alliances.
- Active in professional organizations.
- Bachelors degree
- 14 years of experience
- Masters degree with 12 years of experience
- PhD with 10 years of experience
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.