Scientist I - Operations
AtAstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
- Conducts or participates in multiple simultaneous projects that are complex and technically demanding within a specific area/field.
- Initiates, implements, plans, directs, and executes investigations to resolve deviations, understand process trends, and/or improve process performance.
- Responsible for balancing day-to-day technical support for manufacturing and a longer-term project or investigations.
- Responsible for maintaining technical expertise on several process unit operations within a section of the manufacturing process (either upstream, downstream, or fill/pack).
- Works under general supervision of higher-level scientist or manager.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
- Responsible for writing sections of regulatory documents and representing operations during regulatory inspections.
- Effectively presents results at internal meetings.
- May participate at external scientific meetings.
- Responsible for meeting project goals within time and budget constraints.
- Generally indirectly supervise lower-level scientists or associates.
- Wide application of principles, theories and concepts in field of interest plus working knowledge of other related disciplines
- Maintains high level of expertise through review of scientific literature and attendance at scientific conferences
- Provides solutions to a wide-range of difficult problems, which requires creative thinking
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough and practicable
- Applies a working knowledge of related technical disciplines
- Works under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Anticipates and resolves priority conflicts.
- Work is reviewed against objectives for accuracy, completeness, and soundness of judgment
- Decisions or recommendations consistently result project advancement and favorable budget outcomes
- Conducts independent research, development or support programs
- Has begun generating internal or external documents of value to the company
- Has performed as a contributing member of one or more project teams
- Coordinates efforts of others within the department or company
- May have frequent collaboration within and outside of the company
- Has some contact with customers and suppliers
- Bachelors Degree
- 8 years of experience
- MS or PhD with 6+ years of experience Preferred
- PhD with 4 years of experience
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.