Quality Control Senior Analyst - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Quality Control Senior Analyst in Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
The QC Senior Analyst is responsible for the following tasks:
- Performs broad spectrum of routine tasks in their functional area
- Reviews documented information from their functional area, reports abnormalities
- Prepares and executes protocols (including IOQ/PQ as applicable) , authors technical reports, as needed. Interacts, and coordinates with Regulatory, QA and other departments for protocol approval/amendments.
- Acts as Lead investigator for Level 2 Non-Conformance and OOS and alert investigations. Prepares investigation plan and summary reports.
- Prepares documentation for presentation to Regulatory Agencies.
- Applies critical thinking to solving problems of complex scope.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.
- Acts independently to develop procedures on new assignments. Assists the implementation of new technology.
- Assists supervisor by assembling QC metrics as requested for their functional area.
- Provides direction and training to analysts.
- Owns QIMS records in Trackwise and DCRs in Aegis.
- Performs biennial review of and approves process SOPs.
- Represents Supervisor at meetings, etc. as requested and performs selected Supervisor duties as requested.
- Represents QC on site committees such as EHS, etc.
- Proposes and implements process, test method and other efficiencies as approved by supervisors/technical specialists.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures to perform job requirements. No instructions needed on a routine basis. General instructions required to perform new activities or special assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree: Scientific / Biotech / Pharmaceutical field of study preferred.
- Preferred 4+ years of analytical testing experience in pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.