Quality Control Lead Analyst (3rd Shift, Wed-Sat) -Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our Frederick facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. We make a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements. The Frederick Manufacturing Center is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives. We are also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a ‘Top 50’ Business in Frederick, and Frederick County’s ‘Best Place to Work’ distinction in 2015 and 2019.
As a Quality Control Lead Analyst in Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Looking for motivated individuals who are looking to gain both technical and leadership experience. In this role, you will provide indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt employees. This role will offer development opportunities and insight for individuals looking for a career in people management/ leadership.
This is a third shift role (2200-0800) hours.
Four days a week (Wednesday-Saturday).
What you’ll do:
- Act as qualified trainer of those with less experience.
- In-direct supervision of lower level personnel.
- Provide input into annual performance evaluations as applicable.
- Investigate and resolve problems. Clear and concise communication to Supervision/Management.
- Coordination of tasks to meet assigned schedule.
- Performs selected quality control testing activities, dependent upon assigned area.
- Develops solutions to complex problems requiring ingenuity and creativity/innovation.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other department, and/or representing outside organizations.
- Responsible oversight and performance of In-process product testing, utility sampling, environmental monitoring, endotoxin, bioburden, total organic carbon, conductivity testing, subculturing of organisms, growth promotion testing, etc.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree required: Scientific / Biotech / Pharmaceutical field of study. Preferred 4+ years of analytical testing experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Good organizational and solution development skills.
- Basic first line management and situational leadership skills for daily operation.
- Decision making skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Strong communication skills and a team-oriented mindset are required for execution of daily activities.
Preferred for the role:
- MS Degree: Scientific / Biotech / Pharmaceutical field of study. Preferred 2+ years of analytical testing experience in pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.