Quality Control Analyst - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Quality Control Analyst in Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
- Performs selected quality control testing activities, dependent upon assigned area, including the following:
- Responsible for conducting raw materials, in process, finished product and stability testing according to standard operating procedures.
- Completes appropriate documentation supporting testing procedures, including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, and inventory forms.
- Identifies and troubleshoots equipment problems.
- Enters data evaluated for compliance to specifications and reports abnormalities.
- Reads, understands, and follows SOP’s and complies with cGMP’s
- Owns Level 1 Non-conformance records and simple VSCR and CAPA records.
- Supports preparation of validation protocols, executes experiments, and provides data for validation reports.
- Responsible for writing new standard operating procedures or revising existing documentation.
- Applies critical thought to solving problems.
- Works on problems requiring an in-depth knowledge of scientific methods and techniques.
- Executes tech transfer and other studies for basic/platform laboratory test methods
- Performs review of logbooks, chart recorders, etc. across groups
- Complete knowledge of the job. Full understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job. Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques associated with specific tasks.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Freedom To Act
- General supervision and instructions given for routine work. Detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Errors can be detected and corrected but may delay lot release.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Bachelors: Scientific / Biotech / Pharmaceutical field of study preferred
- 0-5 years of experience
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.