Production Technician I-Night Shift-Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Production Technician I – Night Shift in Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
This is a 12 hrs. Night Shift role.
- Operation of upstream / downstream / central services processing equipment according to established SOPs. This equipment includes but is not limited to bioreactors, TFF skids, biological safety cabinets, incubators, chromatography skids, UFDF skids, autoclaves, washers, and product hold tanks.
- Upstream / downstream / central services processing according to established manufacturing production records (MPRs & SPRs) in accordance with cGMP’s
- Provide training on these activities and able to operate process equipment with intent to be qualified
- Revise cGMP documentation
- Other duties as assigned or identified
- Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job, and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered
- Advanced knowledge of cGMP standards
- Basic equipment knowledge to perform first line trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Freedom to Act:
- Limited supervision and minimal instructions needed on routine work
- Detailed instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments
- Errors may be difficult to detect and would normally result in loss of material or equipment down-time
- Occasional contacts with individuals representing other departments
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation
- Good organizational skills
- Situational Self Leadership
- BS/BA degree preferred Associates degree and High School Diploma acceptable with experience
- 0-1 yrs. experience with Bachelors
- 1-2 years of experience with Associates
- 3-5 years with High School Diploma
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.