Production Lead Technician-Downstream-Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Production Lead Technician-Downstream in Frederick, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
- Qualified in Production Tech and Senior Production Technician duties
- Assigning daily tasks to production technicians pertaining to manufacture of biological based products
- Complete manufacturing documentation per approved procedures Includes reviewing documentation for completeness and accuracy per established timelines
- Act as qualified trainer of those with less experience.
- In-direct supervision of production technicians.
- Provides input into annual performance evaluations of production technicians as applicable.
- Investigate and resolve problems. Clear and concise communication to Process Lead and Supervision/Management
- Coordination of production tasks to meet assigned schedule
- Other duties as assigned or identified
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
- Expert knowledge of cGMP standards, and the current Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- Expert equipment knowledge to perform trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Develops solutions to complex problems requiring ingenuity and creativity/innovation.
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization’s objectives
Freedom to Act:
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Effects of decisions are long-lasting and influence the future course of the organization
- Errors in judgement or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other department, and/or representing outside organizations
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature, requiring some explanation or interpretation
- Good organizational skills
- Basic first-line management skills for daily operation
- Situational Leadership
- Decision making skills
- BS/BA degree preferred Associates degree and/or High School Diploma acceptable with experience
- 5-7 yrs. experience with Bachelors, 8-10 of years of experience with Associates, 10+ years with High School Diploma
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.