Manufacturing Technology Associate I/II - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Manufacturing Technology Associate II in Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Technology Associate II core responsibilities include supporting the design of validation sampling/test plans, performing development studies, generating validation protocols, executing validation studies, resolving technical issues encountered during study execution, and preparing validation final reports for cleaning, sterilization, process, manufacturing/analytical equipment, and utility system qualifications. Experience with large scale mammalian cell culture processes.
- Projects are typically small or part of larger projects. Projects are assigned by management.
- The Manufacturing Technology Associate II also supports technology transfer activities tracked in the site change control system, method validation/method transfer, filter validation, shipping qualification, and FAT/SAT/Commissioning activities. The individual may assist with validation master plans. The individual should possess strong technical skills and experience with biopharmaceutical unit operations and equipment.
- Experience with large scale mammalian cell culture processes
- The position may occasional require off-shift and weekend work.
- Full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in a limited area or field.
- Develops solutions to problems within job scope where precedents exist.
- Depending upon ability, may determine individual approach to devising solutions to problems.
- Recommendations consistently contribute to project advancement. Contributes to technology development or support programs. Effectively functions as a member of one or more project teams.
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- A.A/B.S./B.A./M.S. in Engineering, Biological/Physical Sciences, or equivalent focus of study.
- 2-5 years in a cGMP biopharmaceutical production setting with a focus in large scale mammalian cell culture processes and process development.
- Exposure to bioreactors is a plus.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.