Manufacturing Technology Associate I/II- Frederick, MD
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Manufacturing Technology Associate II in Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Technology Associate I/II core responsibilities include supporting Technology Transfer of new molecules, providing manufacturing production support (troubleshooting, response to process deviations, data trending and analysis), and performing laboratory studies. This position is focused on downstream process purification of biomolecules.
- Expected to work primarily in collaboration with others with some independent work.
- Works under general supervision to meet project goals.
- Projects are assigned by supervisor who is a higher-level scientist or manager.
- Supports scale-up and technology transfer of manufacturing processes to commercial facility, process performance monitoring; implementation of process improvement strategies.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
- Prepares precise technical reports summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Presents findings at internal meetings and may contribute to the preparation of reports and protocols.
- Frequently uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts to provide solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical approach.
- Recommendations consistently result in project advancement.
- Contributes to technology, development or support programs.
- Functions effectively as a member of one or more project teams.
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with AstraZeneca values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time.
- Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- Manufacturing Technology Process Associate I:
- 0 – 2 years of experience with a BS/BA
- Experience in a cGMP biopharmaceutical production setting with focus in large-scale mammalian cell culture process is a plus
Manufacturing Technology Process Associate II:
- 2 – 5 years of experience with a BS/BA
- 0 – 2 years of experience with a Masters
- Experience in a cGMP biopharmaceutical production setting with a focus in large-scale mammalian cell culture processes is a plus.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.