Lean Six Sigma Specialist II / III - Frederick, MD - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Lean Six Sigma Specialist II / III in Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world – 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we’re focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that’s full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients.
As the Lean Six Sigma Specialist II/III for AZ Biologics you will provides technical and project support, belt mentoring, and project support as required to AZ Biologics Lean Six Sigma initiatives. Coordinates/designs team promotional efforts including Sharepoint page and other site awareness. The successful candidate will support/lead project teams and strategic initiatives and assist in developing and delivering training activities.
- Key driver for AZ Biologics Operational Excellence (OE) activities.
- Provide technical leadership and support, mentoring, and project support as required to help support AZ’s Lean Six Sigma initiatives.
- Support strategic initiatives
- Assist in developing project selection/stewardship and training activities.
- Work with the Management Team in the development and execution of OE projects.
- These initiatives will require balancing of technical and people management skills.
- Help identify and achieve significant process/quality improvements through the OE initiatives.
- Expectation includes a hands-on teamwork approach to problems, planning, and people associated with all aspects of the initiatives.
- Acts as site SME for various Lean Framework Elements
- Acts as OE Functional representative to ensure Lean Transformation in individual departments
- Effectively partner with functional leadership to drive OE objective
- Ability to develop and independently drive technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Ability to apply principles of logical, scientific thinking and continuous improvement concepts to a wide range of practical problems
- Work is performed without appreciable direction
- Exercises considerable latitude in the technical objectives of assignments.
- Assignments are received in objective-oriented terms.
- Provides guidance to customer, corporate and site teams/ management based on organizational goals.
- Work typically impacts all teams at the FMC site.
- Assesses and provides options to management for process decisions that have a significant impact.
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Leads the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on programs and projects.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, effective presentation skills, and high competency with computer systems.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals at high levels representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature, requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Interacts with other AZ facilities to distribute / acquire Lean Learnings
- Mentors Green Belt candidates
Lean Six Sigma Specialist II
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Industrial Engineering or similar discipline
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years or more of work experience as part of an operational excellence team
Lean Six Sigma Specialist III
- Bachelor's in Industrial Engineering or similar discipline and Lean
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification or equivalent Lean experience
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years or more work experience as part of an operational excellence team required.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.