Instrumentation & Controls Technician II - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As anInstrumentation & Controls TechnicianII in Frederick, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
The Instrumentation & Controls Technician II will be required to perform routine calibration, preventive maintenance and repairs to instrument systems and components of laboratory equipment, production equipment, central utilities and building management systems. Troubleshoot problems in the event of instrument failure and be able to recommend parts needed for the effective repair. Will be required to assist manufacturing and facilities personnel in troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis on process and utility equipment. Technician will perform troubleshooting and repair efforts to return equipment to normal operation.
Military Equivalent Work: PMEL, TMDE, Avionics Calibration, Nuclear, Metrology and Calibration, NIST or equivalent Technical field.
Additional Job Functions:
- Use Basic Handtools
- Use of Diagnostic Test Equipment (Voltage, Current, Resistance Measurements)
- Use of Physical/Dimensional Equipment (Pressure, Temperature, Length, Weight)
- Familiarity with Calibration requirements (Recording measurement data, Labelling, Out of Tolerance Reporting)
- Process Equipment experience (For Military this would be Avionics, Ground Side FCA (Field Calibration Activity), or Utilities)
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers PLC (not necessarily expertise, but knowledge of operations would be sufficient)
- Alignment and Adjustment utilizing Manufacturers documents
- Ability to communicate orally & write detailed accounts of work performed (Technical Writing is a plus)
- Use of a computer to perform diagnostics. (Ability to use various technical software programs)
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.
- Read mechanical schematics and piping diagrams (P&IDs)
- High School Diploma, Technical School or Military training and experience in a relevant field.
- 3 to 5 years in a technical industry or military.
- Preference will be given to biotech/pharmaceutical experience or military calibration experience.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.