Engineer - Reliability- Frederick, MD
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) is one of 30 production facilities in 18 countries that creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This biologics manufacturing facility makes a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. It’s challenging but highly rewarding work, involves more than 675 talented people throughout the manufacturing lifecycle and supporting office functions. We work hard to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, and we take time to have fun and celebrate our accomplishments. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements.
We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We are committed to continuous learning and offer ongoing skill building and training for our staff and encourage additional secondary schooling with tuition reimbursement of 100% up to $10,000 each year. The FMC is also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a ‘Top 50’ Business in Frederick and awarded Frederick County’s ‘Best Place to Work’ distinction in 2015 and 2019. Come join our award-wining team and support the manufacture of life-changing medicines for patients across the world.
What you’ll do:
The Reliability Engineer will effectively coordinate and execute continuous reliability improvement of equipment and utilities at the site. The primary role of the RE is to improve asset reliability through the elimination of repetitive failures, technical support of the facilities and maintenance functions, and effectively managing the Asset Life Cycle process
- Create and maintain frequent (monthly) review of site maintenance metrics to assess maintenance effectiveness and efficiency together with site Facilities and Engineering functions.
- Drive enhancement based on KPI’s and develop adequate measures for continuous improvement.
- Investigate equipment failures by utilizing RCA tools such as 5-Why and Why-Tree templates and drive corrective actions.
- Attend extensive off-site training on use of PdM equipment and how to analyze results. Training curriculum and providers will be ISO recognized or equivalent training will be approved or provided by above-site Reliability Engineering.
- Train and mentor maintenance and reliability technicians on precision maintenance fundamentals.
- Perform precision alignment of belts and shafts utilizing precision alignment tools, while educating and training maintenance teammates on alignment techniques
- Manage and optimize preventive and predictive maintenance programs including systematically defining, developing, monitoring, and refining the process.
- Manage and optimize the Asset Life Cycle Management process in alignment with above-site processes and procedures.
- Present information to management as it relates to reliability initiatives.
- Maintain the integrity and security of an array of sensitive and technical tools.
- Communicate effectively with management to adequately address findings in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and perform simple frequency analysis. (Identify frequencies of known components and harmonics)
- Training and certification (as appropriate) in the operation of thermographic (infra-red) cameras and equipment, vibration analysis equipment, and ultrasonic equipment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- ANSI accredited Vibration Analysis and Infrared certification.
- Understanding of relational database structures (SQL) and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Demonstrated ability to visually identify electrical and mechanical components as they relate to pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Hands-on approach to reliability engineering and troubleshooting.
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experience, preferably in an engineering position
- Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
- SAP or similar CMMS system knowledge.
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE)
- Level II Vibration Analyst, Level 1 IR Analyst
- 5 Years Reliability Engineering Experience in manufacturing environment
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.