Automation Technician II
Automation Technician II
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) is one of 30 production facilities in 18 countries that creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This biologics manufacturing facility makes a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. It’s ambitious but highly rewarding work, involves more than 675 hardworking people throughout the manufacturing lifecycle and supporting office functions. We work hard to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, and we take time to have fun and celebrate our accomplishments. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We are committed to continuous learning and offer ongoing skill building and training for our staff and encourage additional secondary schooling with tuition reimbursement of 100% up to $10,000 each year. The FMC is also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a ‘Top 50’ Business in Frederick and awarded Frederick County’s ‘Best Place to Work’ distinction in 2015 and 2019. Come join our award-wining team and support the manufacture of life-changing medicines for patients across the world.
The Automation Technician II will be required to perform troubleshooting, project support, maintenance, and on-call triage in support of a large-scale biologics manufacturing facility, which operates 24/7 and a small-scale biologics manufacturing facility, which operates 16/5. The technician will perform functions within PLC and DCS-based control structures. This job requires a working knowledge of control networking, including physical and virtual server infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Serve as one of the primary internal company contacts. Provide routine inter-organizational and outside vendor contacts on routine matters.
- Responsible for digital electronic displays, instrumentations, and pneumatics.
- Assist with training and development of other facility departments in automation discipline.
- Support change control execution by timely completion of tasks.
- Participate in Non-Conformance (NC) Investigations as contributor.
- Support 24X7 as secondary on-call support.
- Shift work will be from 7:30 to 4:00pm
- HS diploma, technical school, or military training and experience in relevant field
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in related field
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Delta-V experience OR Rockwell RSLogix experience is required.
- Proficient in computer skills and MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to adhere closely to all company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times, adhere to schedules, and interface in a constructive manner with all vendors, contractors, associates, peers, and managers.
- Appropriate level of written and verbal communication skills and Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being ambitious - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.