Associate Engineer II - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
- Conducts or participates in technically demanding projects within specific area or field.
- Works independently or in collaboration w/others.
- Projects are assigned by supervisor who is a higher-level scientist or manager.
- Support scale-up and technology transfer of manufacturing processes to commercial facility process performance monitoring; implementation of process improvement strategies; and development of process models
- Position is a hands-on, laboratory-based, role and/or troubleshoot process and equipment issues arising on the manufacturing floor.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
- Prepares precise technical reports summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Presents findings at internal meetings and may present at external scientific meetings.
- Serves as a major contributor to preparation of documents.
- Serves as mentor and positive role model to other lab personnel.
- Could have supervisory responsibility.
- Full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in a limited area or field.
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope involving basic scientific and engineering principles.
- Exercises significant technical discretion in design, execution and interpretation, and pursues new experiments as a result of experimental outcomes.
- Works under general supervision to meet project goals and generally conceives of the approach.
- Frequently (regularly) develops new methods, technologies, and processes when necessary for project advancement.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical approach.
- Recommendations consistently result in project advancement.
- Contributes to technology development or support programs.
- Functions effectively as a member of one or more project teams.
- Primary interaction is within the organization.
- Has some internal customer or outside supplier contacts on routine and non-routine matters.
- Must establish working relationships and credibility with department members and others within the company and may establish working relationships and credibility with individuals outside the company.
- BS or MS in Science, Engineering or related field of study
- 8-10 years of experience with BS
- 5-8 years of experience with MS
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.