Health Economist – Nordic Marketing Company (Nordics)
Are you a professional within Health Economics?Would you like to apply your expertise in a role that can impact patients’ lives? Then AstraZeneca might be of interest to you!
As part of AstraZeneca the Nordic Marketing Company (Nordics) employs around 400 people across 5 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo. By 2025 AstraZeneca Nordics aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving innovative science, preparing launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high-performing teams.
With AstraZeneca continuously growing, we are looking for a Health Economist to join our dedicated team. This role offers you to develop your analytical skills and generate health economic evidence which impacts the strategy and direction of AstraZeneca’s pharmaceuticals. You can be based in any of AstraZeneca Nordic Marketing Company (Nordic MC) offices.
As a Health Economist at AstraZeneca Nordic MC, you will work in a multinational environment with colleagues in Market Access and Pricing, Medical Affairs, Medical Evidence, and marketing brand teams.
Depending on previous experience your responsibilities as a Health Economist may include:
- Value story development: Develop health economic documentation supporting the value story of our brands together with Medical Affairs, Medical Evidence and marketing brand teams.
- Develop health economic tools: Adapt and/or develop computerized health economic tools, such as budget impact models and conduct economic evaluations.
- Reimbursement dossier development: Project lead the work with reimbursement dossiers and being responsible for health economic content in documentation.
- Communication of health with payer authorities: Presentation of health economic fact base to payers and other governmental partners.
- Outcome-based construct development: Provide health economic insights and give input to the development of alternative payer models.
- Gap analysis: Identify evidence gaps in the value documentation to support long-term evidence planning.
- Evidence generation: Initiate, design and conduct research to generate scientific health economic evidence (i.e. registry studies)
- Publications: Dissemination of key results in scientific forums (peer reviewed journals and international conferences).
Our team builds success on collaboration, characterized by integrity, open-mindedness, and ambition. We have strong backgrounds from academia and the pharmaceutical sector and are passionate about what we do to help improve patients´ lives.
In order to succeed, you have:
We are seeking an individual with relevant academic degree (PhD, MSc or equivalent, preferably in economics, health economics, etc.) and 3+ years experience from the pharmaceutical industry or other relevant industry/business.
- Experience from reimbursement submissions, in the Nordic region or in HTA markets
- Documented excellent ability in conducting and communicating health economic projects and/or research, and good capabilities in writing advanced texts
- Experience from using spread sheet software (MS Excel) and/or similar tools for data analysis
- Proficient in written and spoken English, another Nordic language will be an asset
- Experience from the health care / reimbursement environment and authority landscape in the Nordic countries
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
It would be a plus with:
- Experience from oncology
- Finnish language skills
- Experience from working with data bases, designing RWE studies and interpret results
- Experience in applied statistics
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
If you are swift to action, confident to lead and develop talent, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have a seat available, and we hope it is yours.
If you’re curious to know more then please reach out to: Maria Andersson, Health Economics Head, Maria.A.Andersson@astrazeneca.com.
Send your application, in English, as soon as possible or no later than April 27th, 2021.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience, we will review applications continuously.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.