Senior Finance Business Partner – Nordic Marketing Company
Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
As part of AstraZeneca, the Nordic Marketing Company employs around 400 people across 5 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo. By 2025 AstraZeneca Nordic aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving innovative science, preparing launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high-performing teams.
To achieve our ambition, we are seeking a Senior Finance Business Partner to join our team. Placement for this position can be Sweden, Denmark, Norway or Finland.
The Nordic Marketing Company has recently changed to a country focused organization to continue our ambitious growth plans. Therefore you will work in a new commercial organization to deliver on our strategy by developing and executing local tactics for your assigned country and/or business area. You will play a key role in this exciting journey, in close collaboration with a new leadership team for the assigned country/business area. In addition, you will be driving the commercial activities for our established products across all Nordic countries including possible divestment opportunities.
In this role you act as the one point of finance contact for the assigned country and/or business area. Being the right-hand person for the Country Director, you will together effectively manage the country and business area P&L covering Sales, Gross Profit, and the full cost base (both employment and other operating expenses).
The person who holds this role will be viewed by customers as a finance specialist with a high level of understanding of the pharmaceutical market in order to assist the Country Director and commercial team to achieve their goals. We expect you to collaborate closely with the Country Director and his/her commercial and medical team while challenging them and helping them to do even better while always living our values. You should have the courage to bring your ideas to the table and win their trust to be a true finance business partner. The person will be a key member of the leadership teams of his/her country.
What you will do
- Business Strategy and Decision Support; for the relevant country - support and challenge key business and investment decisions focusing on our strategic objectives and return on investment while using your solid analytical skills, strategic thinking and business understanding.
- P&L Performance; drive business performance by providing business performance reporting and build next planning submissions while taking proactive initiatives to react to challenges, respond to risks and harvest opportunities.
- Proactively challenge and engage in the business on strategy, current performance, current growth, pricing, product launches and activities including resource allocation within brands as well as across brands
- For the Nordic Establish Brands portfolio:
- Nordic Commercial representative covering tactical commercial decisions to minimize value erosion and optimize short and long term value
- Sales performance and forecasting of the portfolio including market understanding
- Nordic Commercial Sales, Marketing and P&L representative in divestment projects
- Continuous improvement of finance and business processes, risk management and financial compliance in the area of accountability.
In order to success, you have
At AstraZeneca, we’re driven by innovation and our commitment to make a real-life difference in patients’ lives. That difference starts with you.
We are looking for an individual holding a Master degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration (MBA) or similar. As an experienced professional, you have 5-7 years´ experience from preferably the pharmaceutical or FMCG industry.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with an Return on Investment mindset
- Strong business acumen with a track-record of collaborating with and influencing all levels of an organization to build trust
- Ability to think strategically in surprising ways
- Customer mind-set
- Fast learner
You have already demonstrated the ability to perform in a team and a highly dynamic environment; the ability to be results-driven and proactive in everything you do; and have the courage to challenge decisions in a respectful way. As a core partner across the business, you need to possess high integrity with an agile mind-set. You have previously demonstrated high drive, are able to multi-task, and work under pressure.
You must have excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written, with proficiency in written and spoken English.
- International working experience
- Understanding of and interest in the evolving health care and market access environment in Nordics
- Experience of working with price sensitivity analyses and providing financial support for short and long-term price strategies
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! Apply in the link.
If you’re curious to know more please reach out to Kurt Hungeberg, CFO, email@example.com
Welcome with your application no later than August 24th, 2020.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.