Procurement Manager – Nordic-Baltic Marketing Company (NOBA)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
As part of AstraZeneca the Nordic-Baltic (NOBA) Marketing Company employs around 450 people across 7 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. By 2025 AstraZeneca NOBA aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving excellent launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high- performing teams.
We are now looking for you to come and join us in the role as Procurement Manager.
The location of this role can be any of our Nordic offices - Södertälje, Copenhagen, Oslo or Helsinki.
In the role as Procurement Manager you will be responsible for Procurement activities and Relationship management, with internal customers and external suppliers.
You report to the CFO of the Nordic-Baltic Marketing Company with a dotted line to the European Commercial Procurement Director.
You will work across the Nordic-Baltic regions and be part of both the Nordic-Baltic Finance Management team, as well as the European Procurement Management team.
Your two main focus areas for this role are to:
- Work with the category leaders and key customers to ensure successful implementation of strategic sourcing decisions
- Maintain full accountability for successful implementation of contracts and ongoing contract and relationship management
You will work closely with key customers to understand customer priorities, agree sourcing plans and set expectations for effective value delivery and help the customer understand and engage with AstraZeneca procurement requirements.
Your will develop internal and external relationships with suppliers and cross-functional teams with regards to the following:
- Manage and develop lists of recommended sources.
- Participate in supplier visits and evaluations to determine suitability.
- Develop and drive effective relationships with suppliers.
- Drive supplier performance through the application of appropriate supplier management measures and methods.
- Develop negotiation strategies and lead negotiations to conclusion.
- Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments and develop measurements for improvement and target setting.
- Lead interviews with current and prospective supplier sales personnel.
- Coordinate changes to the organization’s procurement, supply management and material usage policies within area of spend.
- Disseminate information and provide training related to procurement policies and procedures.
- Within area of accountability, act as a point of escalation for the review and response to supplier inquiries, protests and appeals.
- Ongoing management of contracts as agreed with the Category Leader.
- Develop and drive procurement plans and make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organizational objectives and sourcing strategies.
- Conduct commercial review of complex procurement requisitions and Statements of Work in accordance with business requirements and budgets.
- Locate and select potential sources of materials and/or services.
- Lead the preparation of and solicit competitive bids, quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
- Lead the evaluation of competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for a product or service.
- Develop bid evaluation approach in support of supplier selection process.
- Develop contracts and agreements for the supply of both standard and complex products and services with new and existing suppliers.
- Resolve contract and purchase order differences with suppliers, including those escalated from the business.
- Review and assist in revising procurement practices to ensure their conformance with established laws.
- Maintain appropriate level of administration around contracts and suppliers, e.g. contract database, equipment records and/or specifications.
- Leverage and adapt, as appropriate, AZ Procurement processes and techniques.
- Maintain a cost reduction, cost avoidance, cost containment program and report it via the value database.
- Oversee the introduction of new and modified products and services.
- Advise on the development of the appropriate sourcing approach based on the Category Strategy, analysis of forecasted spend data, relevant Supply Market data and understanding of business area to agree sourcing approach with customer.
- Research and provide forecasted data for future organization buying requirements to suppliers.
- Use appropriate methods and resources to develop and maintain market awareness, including current and future market conditions.
- Analyze and resolve issues raised in Procurement audit reports.
- Manage risks, internal and external, and protect AZ’s intellectual property using available AZ templates, processes and sourcing tools.
- Lead and drive sourcing projects/category team projects across relevant business areas.
- Conduct appropriate financial evaluation of suppliers as part of the RFP / sourcing process.
- Utilize relevant AZ procurement systems.
- Comply with all regulatory and AZ requirements relevant to the role, e.g. Sarbanes Oxley, Code of Conduct, Financial Control Framework.
In order to succeed in this role, you have
- Academic degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Relevant work experience, including experience within procurement
- Excellent knowledge in English
- Ability to drive change through working in projects, involving both people from the business and from the support functions to design innovative and cost-efficient support services across the organization
- Influencing and Negotiation skills: Demonstrated ability to influence the organization, both inside and outside the market company, and negotiate externally with service suppliers
- Experience working with the business to identify service and support needs and the appropriative. Ability to find suitable ways to deliver service by utilizing internal and external resources.
Your personal capabilities:
- Problem-solving and analytic ability: experience analysing and deconstructing problems into their constituents. Sees the bigger picture and prioritizes the right issues. Works well with complex issues and solves complicated problems
- Teamwork focused and relationship builder: Works well with others, across departments, levels and cultures. Relates to people in an attentive and adroit way. Listens, communicates and resolves conflicts constructively
- Verbal communication: Speaks in a clear and well-formulated manner in private meetings and in front of small and large groups. Is receptive to the person you are talking to and adapts to the situation
Why AstraZeneca? Our offer to you
When we at AstraZeneca see the chance to change, we take this opportunity - for every opportunity, no matter how small, can be the beginning of something big. Delivering medicine that changes people's lives is about having an entrepreneurial spirit - finding moments and understanding its potential.
We are therefore looking for you, who together with your team will make a difference for patients' lives every day. We at AstraZeneca welcome your positive attitude and your desire to develop both yourself and the department. You will get use for your drive and your ability to work carefully and structured even at a high tempo.
Call to action
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
For more information about the position, please contact hiring manager, Tarlanay Sonmez, tel. +46 (0)72 238 5655.
Welcome with your CV and a personal letter, in English, no later than October 31, 2019.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.