Oncology Nordic Sales Manager – Nordic Marketing Company
Do you have expertise in Oncology and want to apply it in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
The Nordic Marketing Company (Nordic) employs around 400 people across 5 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo. By 2025 AstraZeneca Nordic aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving innovative science, delivering key launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with partners in health care systems, and developing high-performing teams.
AstraZeneca has a deep-rooted heritage in Oncology and offers a fast growing portfolio of new medicines and, with a broad pipeline in development, the Company is committed to advance Oncology as a key growth driver for AstraZeneca. Following a recent internal promotion, we are now recruiting two Nordic Sales Managers to lead our teams in lung cancer and ovarian cancer respectively. The Nordic Sales Managers are key leaders in the Oncology Business Unit and will play a pivotal role in crafting the future of AstraZeneca Oncology and ultimately seeking to transform the lives of patients.
The Nordic Sales Managers will act as senior leaders and role models, directly leading a group of Strategic Account Managers. You will define and shape AZ Nordic commercial excellence within the franchise including capability building, strategic customer plans and identification of new business opportunities. You will be a part of the Franchise Team and development of Brand strategy, driving the implementation of key tactical programs.
From a team perspective, we are looking for confident leaders who mentor and inspire the Sales Teams to innovate and compete effectively through cross-functional work internally and externally. You drive strong collaboration in the Sales team across borders. You support the team to identify and develop relevant and value-adding initiatives in partnership with health care providers and other key partners.
What you will do
- Accountable for the development of the team’s and individuals’ scientific knowledge, selling skills and business acumen
- Secure execution of customer activities and budget allocation across Nordic countries
- Secure input and utilization of customer insights in the business plan process
- Ensures that sales forecasts are met and operational budgets are managed
- Lead and develop the sales team, across the Nordic countries, including but not limited to performance management, talent management, training and career development.
- Implementation and development of brand strategies, ensuring that customer insight gathering by the commercial field-based team is maximized.
- Responsible to develop operational tools such as national operational plans including account management plans, segmentation and targeting process.
- Objective setting including critical metrics and tracking tools within Sales team
- Secure standard methodology and collaboration among Strategic Account Managers within and between countries.
These roles will report to the relevant Nordic Franchise Head.
In order to succeed, essential requirements are:
- Academic degree or equivalent
- In depth understanding of the Oncology patient experience from diagnosis throughout their journey and familiarity with the Nordic health care systems incl reimbursement and pricing.
- Strong performer and results oriented with proven results & strong experience in sales, preferable from launching products in competitive environments.
- Proven success in leading and developing individuals and teams, preferable in managerial role, including effective cross-functional team leadership
- In depth understanding and experience of developing and successfully executing compelling account strategies and customer engagement programmes.
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs and constructively resolve issues
- Good knowledge of market ethics rules
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! Apply in the link.
If you’re curious to know more, please contact Pia Rogner, Franchise Head; Pia.Rogner@astrazeneca.com
We welcome your application, in English, no later than January 24, 2021.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.