Commercial Lead - Biosimilars
Oncology Business Unit
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work and bringing unexpected teams together.
Our Oncology Business is responsible for driving growth and maximising commercial performance of the global oncology and haematology portfolio within AstraZeneca. In addition, it plays a critical role in setting the Oncology portfolio and product strategy for the organisation. We see the oncology revolution as a once in a lifetime scientific opportunity with the potential to be the biggest step change since combinatorial chemistry and antibiotics, with 20 years of growth to come.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join a high-performance team that will be accountable for the commercialisation of two biosimilar brands over the next two years.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the global team to develop UK specific biosimilar entry strategy
- The development and implementation of the UK launch plan including indication specific strategy, resourcing plan, tender strategy, marketing materials, launch prep plans, KEE mapping and engagement
- Support the development of the biosimilar commercial forecast and high-level P&L
- Develop and deliver congress presence and activities
- Vendor / Agency relationship
- Lead on the internal capability development and training plans for the biosimilar team as well as the broader organisation
- Collaborate closely with medical, access and insights teams to ensure appropriate input into brand strategy, monitor implementation progress and propose pro-active mitigation plans
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in science or business
- Extensive marketing experience in the biopharmaceutical market
- Experience of working in product management and sales market-based roles
- Effective cross-functional project team communication, leadership and influencing skills
- Validated experience and knowledge of external customers including; patients, prescribers, payers, providers
- Proven use of insights to deliver effective marketing/ commercial strategies
- Relevant advanced degree (MS, PhD, PharmD, MD or MBA)
- In-line brand marketing experience for an oncology or speciality care product
- UK product launch, marketing or regional experience
- Healthcare provider marketing experience
- Market research, planning, analytics, market access, tender experience
- Knowledge of diagnostics and the personalised healthcare environment
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.