Commercial Excellence Manager
Role: Commercial Excellence Manager
Location: Luton, UK
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Commercial Excellence Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Luton is home to our UK Marketing Company (UKMC), responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you’ll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca’s corporate functions and our European and International regions’ sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the end-to-end delivery of business excellence workstreams such as customer segmentation, resource allocation, incentives and target setting
- Partner with business leaders to enhance commercial operations, support decision making and measure the effectiveness of promotional channels
- Support IBEX leaders in the ideation of innovative customer engagement models
- Deliver insightful analytics to inform, challenge and proactively adapt business practice ensuring that commercial activity delivers return on investment (ROI)
- Hands-on experiences on sales planning and other commercial excellence relevant capabilities (S&T, resourcing, territory alignment, target setting and analytics)
- Ability to work and partner effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Proven experience of leading the development and delivery of analytical workstreams
- Ability to comprehend multifaceted data and information to synthesize key insights
- Strong Microsoft Excel, data management and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Ability to manage large and complex projects
- Knowledge and/or experience within pharmaceutical industry
- Working knowledge of how to develop reports in Spotfire
- Working knowledge of how to create assets in APEX
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.