What you'll do
As a Sales Representative with us, you’ll sell life-changing medicines within one of four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolic, and other diseases. Using your exceptional selling skills and personable attitude, you’ll build strong and strategic partnerships with healthcare providers across your territory – from clinicians and pharmacists to nurses and consultants.
The part you play in our business will be challenging, yet rewarding, requiring you to use your resilient, collaborative and diplomatic skillsets to make connections. The majority of your work will be field based, and will require you to be highly-organised, planning your monthly schedule, attending meetings and calls, as well as writing up reports.
As one of the world’s leading BioPharmaceutical companies, we work to impact lives across R&D through to commercialisation. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the freedom to embrace your entrepreneurial spirit, sharing our medicines with customers in your territory and beyond.
Offering a clear development programme, we’ll train you to better understand and sell your product portfolio. And, we’ll enable you to meet your own development goals too. As well as structured support, you’ll benefit from the support of those around you – leaders and peers alike. Whether that’s receiving help from the marketing team or gaining compliance advice, we’ll be there to guide you. This is about doing the right thing, making an impact in the right way. Together.
No matter your experience or background, if you’ve got the passion and drive to progress, we’ll help you to succeed. These are some of the skills and capabilities we look for to ensure that success:
As this is a mobile role, you’ll be doing a lot of your work on your own. Being independent will be an important skill when delivering on targets. This means staying resilient and motivated in order to work successfully and meet your territory objectives.
You’ll be connecting with a range of healthcare professionals with different product needs. Interpersonal and relationship-building skills are vital to your collaborative role. And, where possible, you’ll use those skills to proactively identify new business opportunities.
Being on the road, you’ll be able to manage your own time, working around your various tasks. For this, you’ll need to be flexible in the way you work with the ability to adapt to and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
This is a heavily-regulated industry, so working within it means taking responsibility and being particularly observant when selling our products. This means managing your work and territory with diplomacy and in a way that is compliant.
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Position Title: Medical Sales Representative - Diabetes
Position Type: Full-time
Career Level: D
Are you motivated to make a difference in your career? Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and the broader team? The Medical Sales Representative promotes AstraZeneca’s Diabetes portfolio and develops relationships with primary care providers and retail pharmacies in the Calgary area.
In our position:
- You will build and execute your sales management plan to meet or exceed sales goals for your territory
- You will promote our Diabetes products and educate our valued customers to create positive outcomes for patients
- Your communication style will easily disseminate product information to physicians, pharmacists and hospital influencers and you will uncover unmet needs and we will develop solutions to meet those unmet needs
- You will partner with the sales team, head office-based colleagues and key influencers within your District and Regional Business Unit
- You will share field insights with your team and head office partners to improve how we work and accelerate our market position
- Your previous experience will enable you to analyze, plan and implement activities to drive business success in your territory such as sales events, expense management and investments in continuous education projects
- Your affinity for people will naturally build strong team affiliations and customers ensuring reciprocal working relationships
- You possess a Degree in Science, Business or equivalent
- You have previous sales experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry and have preferably completed your CPPE accreditation
- You have knowledge of Diabetes or you can demonstrate the ability to learn this therapeutic area
- You positively impact and influence others and quickly establish credibility while building strong business relationships
- You are well-organized with strong communication and business skills
- You are committed to a developing a cohesive team environment
- You enjoy and are able to travel frequently
- You hold a valid driver's license (a valid driver abstract requested at time of acceptance)
Great People want to Work with us, find out why:
GTAA Top Employer Award for 5 years: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
Total Rewards for employees: https://www.astrazeneca.ca/en/working-at-az-canada/Total-Rewards.html
Next steps – Apply today!
Reasons to Join
There are many things I enjoy when working at AstraZeneca, mainly the Speak up culture, the great colleagues that are in my teams, the great products that AstraZeneca provides to our patients and the challenging conversations I have around our medicines.
Working at AstraZeneca has impacted my life in such a positive way. I now have an improved work-life balance through creating my own schedule and time management, I feel a balance that I didn’t have before.
There are a lot of reasons why I enjoy working in AstraZeneca, my colleagues being one of them. My team members and the managers have provided a great deal of guidance in helping me to be more confident in my daily work.
There’s a whole spectrum of perks that come with being a Sales Representative. From taking on the responsibility to enjoying opportunities to progress vertically and laterally. Discover some of our benefits:
We set you up to progress at every stage with structured goals and targets. There are also many routes you can take, from sales team management to product management, and beyond.
The work you do will allow you to take on a lot of responsibility, getting to know your product and owning the way you work – from your schedule and territory, to your strategy and the development of goals.
We reward based on your performance. So, by creating a big impact – both on our commercial growth and your personal development – you’ll be rewarded well.
Our training is of a high quality. From onboarding to on the job training, from learning from peers to product training, discover multiple opportunities to develop.