Business Unit Director Respiratory - Ireland
To lead the Respiratory Business Unit and all aligned brands and people. Accountable for the commercial (sales & marketing) strategy, people leadership, sales performance and profitability of the business unit, ensuring the business objectives are achieved.
- Member of the Senior Management Team for Ireland
- Accountable for the delivery of the Business Unit annual P&L and contribution budget, and sales targets.
- Responsible for the development & implementation of sales & marketing strategies in the business unit
- Manage budget within +/- 3%.
- Ensure compliance of all AZ Governance Framework and ABPI.
Business Unit Leadership
- Establishes and leads aligned sales and marketing strategies for all brands within the business unit
- Develops sales and marketing (and channels) strategy and forecasts in line with global strategy
- Develop and deliver a short/long term plan with continual review of plan to ensure reflects changing commercial and financial circumstances
- Ultimate accountability for sales & marketing budgets for the Business Unit
- Membership of the Ireland Senior Management Team and jointly responsible for the leadership, business development and strategy for Ireland with SMT peers
- Exemplifies AZ Values & Behaviours in every interaction
Marketing strategy & operations
- Establishes and leads local marketing strategy for all brands within the business unit, in conjunction with the global strategy
- Leads the brand teams to develop innovative, effective and efficient promotional & educational programs
- Leads the development & implementation of advisory boards and consultant meetings within the Business Unit
- Delivery of Sales and Contribution targets
- Development of Brand plans
Sales strategy & operations
- Leads and create high performing sales team for current and future business
- Oversees the implementation of tactical leadership decisions in order for the Business Unit to achieve its sales objectives
- Assesses sales performance and market trends to determine appropriate adjustments in resource allocation
- Develops budget and resourcing plans to ensure effective operational delivery of sales against target
- Creates a culture of collaborative working to deliver an account based working model to customers
- Determines & reviews resourcing strategy on an ongoing basis in line with market changes, local requirements, new product launches etc
- Contribution/achievement of P&L
- Leads, manages, coaches/mentors & develops teams in the business unit to ensure delivery against business objectives
- Attracts, recruits, retains & develops talented individuals to achieve their potential and ensure business objectives are delivered
- Coaches and delivers effective performance to direct and indirect reports creating a challenging, supportive work environment where everyone has the opportunity to fulfil potential
- Performance manages and identifies development opportunities for direct reports, together with succession planning for the Business Unit
- Ensures a culture of ethics, integrity and compliance is embedded in all business practices alongside full accountability for oversight and transparent reporting of any compliance risks
- Engages workforce, positive climate & well managed communications
Demand for Support Services
- Define demand for services & expertise from Medical, Compliance, Supply Chain, Legal, HR and Finance. Agree supply and provide leadership for joint delivery of plans
- Business processes and services meet defined needs and deliver required outputs
- E.g. Training plan developed and delivered to expectations
- E.g Market information & analysis provided drives good business decisions
- Degree qualified ideally with additional post-graduate qualification such as an MBA
Experience & Track Record
- Significant pharmaceutical sales management experience with a strong performance track record
- Strong sales leadership with a successful track record of growing market share as well as preparing for and successfully launching new products and brands.
- Creative marketing capabilities together with commercial business sense
- Excellent track record of managing and developing individuals and teams
Other personal skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- High energy; organized; able to successfully drive performance and deliver results in a timely and efficient manner
- Creative – willing to challenge the status quo and take appropriate risk to drive the business forward. Able to lead change and adapt to new internal and external scenarios
- Ethics – Maintains high ethical standards including a commitment to Corporate Governance, Safety Health and the Environment
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.