Training Specialist- Operations
Experienced in a cGMP pharmaceutical or regulated industry and have a passion to grow your skills within a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? If that is a yes, this exciting Training Specialist role in Coppell, TX might just be your reality!
In Operations, we have a big ambition – to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership, and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out-of-the-box thinking.
We are driven by our commitment to deliver accelerated growth for AstraZeneca and to make people’s lives better. It pushes us to keep building on our foundations and progressing as we turn our ever-growing and increasingly complex pipeline from molecule to medicine. Be part of evolving how we work with Lean, cutting-edge science, digitalization, and sustainable practices.
Welcome to Coppell, Texas, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. The Lokelma ® Supply Site (LSS) has recently remodeled office space to provide a pleasant office environment to support varying work styles and collaboration needs. LSS has an on-site café with a selection of snacks and refrigerated grab-and-go items for purchase. Additionally, the site offers a food delivery service through Foodsby, allowing employees to purchase food from a variety of local restaurants to be delivered to the site, which currently includes a discounted price for LSS employees.
What you'll do:
The Training Specialist will develop, design, coordinate, and conduct training programs for the entire Lokelma Supply Site. They will assess and ensure training effectiveness & consistency between multiple pharmaceutical operations crews.
- Design training materials to effectively teach operations, engineering, chemical, and equipment concepts related to activities performed.
- Coordinate and execute training for the various manufacturing shifts and operations personnel.
- Manage document changes to Standard Operating Procedures through site document change process and platform.
- Update and maintain site process maps in conjunction with the Business Process Owner
- Effectively communicate and train operations staff on process or document changes.
- Choose the most appropriate training method to ensure training effectiveness (e.g., on the job training, classroom training, simulations, mentoring, personal development, etc.)
- Conduct knowledge gap assessments and develop a training plan to fill those gaps.
- Follow up and ensure training records are up-to-date and that that all ongoing and periodic training is performed.
- Builds the network of internal trainers and organises regular train-the-trainer sessions.
- Support the New Hire Orientation and Onboarding processes to ensure the fast, effective integration of all new hires and smooth transition of internal transfers & promotions.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communication, training, education, sciences or other business related degree.
- Proven work experience in developing, coordinating and performing training in a manufacturing setting.
- Proven ability to complete full training lifecycle: assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, train, monitor and evaluate training effectiveness.
- MS Office proficiency
- Experienced in the use of Learning Management Systems / databases
Desirable for the role:
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or FDA regulated company preferred.
- Experience in the chemical processing sector preferred.
- Project Management
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey!
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.