Project Manager (Pharma Manufacturing) - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
As the Project Manager, you will lead projects from initiation to implementation within agreed constraints of time, budget and quality. The role typically has responsibility for both people and budget. They shape solutions and ensure that business requirements are effectively captured and have a good knowledge of different supplier solutions that could support project, and is responsible for risk management, benefits & value management, and as appropriate resolves or escalates identified risks and issues. A Project Manager helps ensure that project teams adopt quality and compliance standards, policies and procedures, and supports project assurance activities.
- Accountable for the delivery of projects/program on time and on budget
- Agree project plans including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality assurance.
- Follows project work plans and recommends revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project
- Manages relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure business requirements are effectively captured and committed to project objectives
- Ensures that impact and changes resulting from projects/program are effectively communicated to the business
- Builds and leads project teams, communicating roles and responsibilities whilst encouraging teamwork and collaboration among the team and business stakeholders
- Effectively applies AZ methodology and enforces project standards
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Builds project/program improvement plans and ensures that project teams provide input
- Resolves quality and compliance risks and issues, and when appropriate, escalate to Lead Project Manager
- Manages Steering Group expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering Discipline or related field.
- Experience of managing projects/programs or in a similar role
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with third party suppliers
- Experience of working application of policies, procedures and guidelines
- 5+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical, Biologics or similar manufacturing operation
- Experience of working in a global organization with complex/geographical context
- Experience of managing ambiguity whilst navigating through it
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.