At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
What we’re looking for: As the Procurement Manager, you are responsible for managing the overall Site Procurement category – including Direct Raw Materials, Indirect Products and Services, as well as Capital and Engineering responsibilities within Coppell, TX and Redwood City, CA. This role is primarily responsible for providing value-added services in procurement and serves as the business partner to key stakeholders at supply site to lead and drive value creation across indirect/direct categories.
- Accountable for sourcing activities within the category of spend which is typically a high dollar value, complex in nature, may be multi-geographic locations.
- Manage sourcing strategy of local direct and/or indirect materials or services and lead the preparation of and solicit competitive bids and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms, and conditions.
- Develop contracts and lead negotiations on agreements for the supply of both standard and complex products and services with new and existing suppliers with a focus on cost savings, cash flow, and sustainability.
- Engage GCM’s (Global Category Manager’s) to assist as needed with negotiations, strategy development, mitigate escalations, and material shortage.
- Contributes to the development, and drives implementation, of operational plans to achieve procurement strategy objectives. Engage resources within global operations procurement and site stakeholders for project team involvement and problem solving.
- Lead process improvement activities and cross functional teams to meet strategic goals.
- Lead annual budget planning process and Materials Risk Assessment for the sites.
- You will maintain knowledge and awareness of market changes in commodities to be purchased to ensure the availability of products/materials for manufacturing functions at competitive prices and within alternate sources of supply to meet production requirements of the plant.
- All work to be executed in compliance with department policies and procedures, which are subject to periodic internal and third-party audits.
- Manage key supplier relationships including, the performance tracking of supplier KPIs (key performance indicators) to meet strategic business objectives.
- Partner with local suppliers on sustainability initiatives
- This position does not have direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in a Procurement role within a pharmaceutical or other regulated manufacturing industry.
- Highly collaborative and able to work in a team- based matrix environment with cross-functional input.
- Extensive experience executing spend analysis and budget planning.
- Experience in an ERP system preferred. SAP, Jaggaer, Coupa desired.
- Experience in development and execution of SRM programs.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being bold - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking innovative methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an outstanding fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.