Operator - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Welcome to Coppell, Texas, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day.
The Lokelma Supply Site (LSS) has recently remodeled office space to provide a pleasant office environment to support varying work styles and collaboration needs. LSS has an on-site café with a selection of snacks and refrigerated grab and go items for purchase. Additionally, the site offers a food delivery service through Foodsby, allowing employees to purchase food from a variety of local restaurants to be delivered to the site, which currently includes a discounted price for LSS employees.
12 Hour Night Shift with Rotating Schedule
As a member of the Manufacturing team, the Operator contributes through performing varying tasks related to the ongoing manufacture of high quality active pharmaceutical ingredients including the drafting of manufacturing documents. Responsible for performing a variety of large-scale API manufacturing tasks (weighing and dispensing of chemicals, chemical reactions at high temperature and pressures, mixing, filtering, drying, and packaging) and activities to achieve prescribed level of purity, quality and consistency in product and work output.
What you’ll do:
- Performs process manufacturing tasks including operation of large scale equipment, weighing, measuring, monitoring of raw materials to assure batches contain proper ingredients, quantities and process outputs.
- Performs in-process testing as specified within manufacturing documentation.
- Identifies and informs supervisor of equipment malfunctions or process outputs that do not meet expected outcomes. May perform trouble-shooting of equipment or process problems and recommend solutions.
- Maintains manufacturing areas to identified standards of cleanliness and neatness; may involve sweeping, mopping floors, wiping down equipment, and appropriately disposing of trash.
- Operate electric and manual hand or fork trucks as required to properly move and store chemicals and product.
- May be required to write or revise process documents such as operational SOP’s, batch records, etc.
Essential for the role:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-2 Years of Experience in a cGMP pharmaceutical or other regulated manufacturing environment.
- Individual must possess mechanical aptitude and ability to work with hands and tools to operate and perform minor maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to operate basic electronic equipment and possess basic computer skills. Must be able to follow directions, both written and verbal, and perform assigned tasks independently.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Requires understanding of basic math to perform mathematical calculations. The ability to wear a half face respirator where needed.
- Capable of lifting and carrying weight up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to crawl, climb, twist torso, and stand for long periods of time and to push/pull equipment or materials up to 700 lbs.
- Reliable attendance and ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and overtime as needed, are required.
- College course work in science
- Compounding experience
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.