Operations Manager- Process Execution Team
Experienced in a cGMP pharmaceutical or regulated industry and have a passion to grow your skills within a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? If that is a yes, this exciting PET Manager role in Coppell, TX might just be your reality!
In Operations, we have a big ambition – to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership, and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out-of-the-box thinking.
We are driven by our commitment to deliver accelerated growth for AstraZeneca and to make people’s lives better. It pushes us to keep building on our foundations and progressing as we turn our ever-growing and increasingly complex pipeline from molecule to medicine. Be part of evolving how we work with Lean, cutting-edge science, digitalization, and sustainable practices.
Welcome to Coppell, Texas, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. The Lokelma ® Supply Site (LSS) has recently remodeled office space to provide a pleasant office environment to support varying work styles and collaboration needs. LSS has an on-site café with a selection of snacks and refrigerated grab-and-go items for purchase. Additionally, the site offers a food delivery service through Foodsby, allowing employees to purchase food from a variety of local restaurants to be delivered to the site, which currently includes a discounted price for LSS employees.
What you'll do:
The PET Manager is accountable for developing lean capability, GMP competence and increasing core operational competences, all with a common goal of building a process centric organization that delivers the site goals. Through a focus on continuous improvement, to works with the PET lead to ensure that members of the PET are progressing appropriately based on the skills/need matrix for their role; successfully moving through change, and they are receiving capability development in key areas required for successful team functioning. The ability to develop consistency in execution across the 4 shift teams.
- Member of PET leadership accountable for PET achievement of key business process metrics, team performance metrics, and continuous improvement metrics.
- Develop and sustain employee skills; lead the identification of training and development needs consistent with the skills needs matrix including SOPs, Safety, Environmental, among others, for the team; ensure training profiles are kept updated; monitor performance to identify and address gaps in skills, proficiencies and determine when training is needed.
- Coach the PET members in successfully implementing continuous improvement opportunities consistent with effective change management that drive business improvements with minimal business interruption.
- Responsible for developing and delivering some training content dependent on their area of expertise.
- Coordinate continuous improvement efforts with the PET Leader, OpEx Lead, and PET Engineers.
- Link to other PET Managers/Coaches and to Operational Excellence groups in the network to ensure cross PET working and the sharing of standard methodologies.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+years experience in a manufacturing leadership role involving a fast-paced, environment
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
Desirable for the role:
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey!
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.